CDM Smith Assistant Payroll Manager- Engineering/Professional Services (Remote) in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
CDM Smith is seeking an Assistant Payroll Manager, preferably with experience within an engineering or professional services industry, to join our Corporate Accounting and Payroll Team. This individual will assist the Payroll Manager with payroll activities including developing and implementing payroll procedures to ensure timely processing of payroll and all financial obligations related to the payroll process.
• Performs and/or supervises all regular duties and responsibilities associated with the preparation, generation, and distribution of the weekly, bi-weekly, and supplemental payrolls (including international payrolls.) Delegates appropriate responsibilities as necessary.
• Develops/revises yearly payroll schedules, calendars, and employee notices and develops, revises and maintains payroll documentation and procedures.
• Participates in the reconciliation of payroll to the general ledger and ensures payment of all liabilities generated in payroll process (payroll tax withholding, medical co-payments, Paid Time Off (PTO) balances, etc.). Coordinate with Treasury Team, ADP, and Benefits Team to remit payments to the appropriate external entity (401k administrator; State and Federal Government; etc.). Designs, updates, and coordinates with internal staff on vendor interfaces, updated data requirements, audits and testing related to payroll.
• Reviews the filing of all federal and state payroll reports prepared by third party payroll provider. Manages all outside audit requests from state agencies, workers compensation and benefits vendors, etc.
• Manages the day-to-day activities of payroll staff not centrally located and working remotely in some cases. May be required to conduct performance appraisals, manages the development and training of staff.
• Audits international pay rates, performs tax equalization, and performs Ex-patriate reporting by interfacing with international payroll staff often managed by other units.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Assistant Payroll Manager- Engineering/Professional Services (Remote)
• Bachelor's degree, preferred or equivalent experience
• 7 years of related experience with 2 of those years in a supervisory or management capacity.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Engineering or professional services industry experience highly preferred.
• Certified Payroll experience highly preferred.
• Experience with Balance Sheet account reconciliations a plus.
• Highly preferred experience with HRM/ERP/Payroll System Implementation and Integration.
• Proficient knowledge of ADP WFN a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Possesses advanced knowledge of payroll tax rules and benefit impacts. Extensive knowledge of payroll best practices and policies.
• Experience with Oracle Time and Labor, Oracle Financial and system conversion.
• Ability to communicate in a clear and concise fashion and to interact with all levels of staff as well as outside clients and vendors.
• Requires ability to oversee concurrent complex projects involving detail coordination with many levels of staff.
• Excellent computer skills using ADP payroll.
• Expert knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Excel and other related Microsoft office products.
• Skilled ERP and HRM user and administrator.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs