Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Supervisor / Chelmsford, MA in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Description: Do you want to be regularly challenged to solve problems? Are you looking for an opportunity that directly effects a company’s bottom line? Do you want to work on the most technologically advanced targeting systems in the world? If so, this may be the position for you.
An opportunity awaits you as a Manufacturing Supervisor for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. A Manufacturing Supervisor is a vital and key component to the Lockheed Martin operations team. The selected individual will provide leadership, support, and daily direction to manufacturing and support employees; motivate and foster teamwork to ensure quality and business goals are achieved, coordinate workflow, monitor schedule, and provide status to management. Additionally, the individual interacts effectively with other functional areas to support production goals and internal and external customers, and participates in process improvement events, including leading the Performance Management Teams (PMT) process. The incumbent also prepares and conducts performance reviews, works with managers, supervisors and cross-functionally to solve assembly, test, and quality issues. This position is very important to our success in Chelmsford and is the first step in the leadership team supporting our operators. Our operators are the key to success because they are the men and women that build, test, and troubleshoot the product that ultimately goes to our warfighter.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is one of four Lockheed Martin business areas. MFC is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. Within MFC, Chelmsford is a center of excellence for all things needing Radio Frequency (RF) and we take pride in being a one-stop shop (Design through Fabrication).
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Chelmsford is a charming suburb of Boston located 31 miles northwest of the city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past ranging from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. We have two local ski areas (Wachusett Mountain and Nashoba Valley) while Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. This location offers great opportunities during all four seasons regardless of what your interests are. It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 2 years Supervisor or team lead experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively with non-exempt work force, management and other functions
- Must possess strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Capable of assigning work to non-unionized hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes
- Capable of resolving/facilitating resolution of various production issues, working simultaneously with supporting functional areas: Quality, Process Engineering, Engineering and Supply Chain
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and other software tools to monitor/report production status and support supervisory responsibilities (Timekeeping, performance management, training, recruiting, PMT presentations, etc.)
- RF/Electronics production experience
- Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors
- Ability to effectively use SAP/APRISO for production applications
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance and must be able to obtain an interim secret prior to start
- Ability to support a flexible work schedule supporting overtime, off-Fridays and/or weekends as required
- Ability to work effectively with urgency and determination, while maintaining Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors
-Experience in developing, coordinating, leading and executing daily production plans; level-loading work and maintain product flow to meet production schedules
- Comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Able to build and maintain respectful working relationships
- Motivational skills along with the ability to energize teams
- Self-motivated, works with minimal direction, comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks / projects in different phases
- Able to implement systems that enable workforce to understand and meet daily performance goals
- Able to effectively partner with support team to resolve production issues
- Understanding of cost, schedule and quality and how a production team impacts each element
- Able to utilize data to improve yields while using a hands on approach with product and personnel to understand the factors (material, process, personnel, team dynamics) that impact performance
- Driven by determination, dedication and a sense of pride of team success
- Capable of clear and direct communication of others
- Able to adapt message based on the style and preferences of the audience (level, communication style, internal/external audience)
- Able to utilize cost, quality, and schedule data to review and react to performance trends
- Exposure to Six Sigma Principles and Green Belt Certification
- Experience working the defense industry or in an ISO9001, AS9100 environment
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The application window will close in 90 days; applicants are encouraged to apply within 5 - 30 days of the requisition posting date in order to receive optimal consideration.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
- Lockheed Martin Jobs