AMETEK, Inc. Sr. Packer/Shipping Specialist in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Sr. Packer/Shipping Specialist
Job ID: 20443
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Massachusetts - Chelmsford
Division: PIP - Process & Analytical Instruments
Education Required: High School Diploma
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
The Senior Packing/Shipping Specialist performs daily functions in the process of shipping and material handling. This individual will work in the Shipping/Receiving Department to process orders, kit materials for orders and support production requirements. The individual may also perform a wide variety of support functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares shipments for pickups including picking/packing and crating shipments of consumables.
• Utilizes handheld tools to build crate around instruments, wraps and pads product with appropriate packing material.
• Ensures all customer specific packaging and shipping requirements are met.
• Attaches identification labels or stencils as required per shipment regulations.
• Coordinates and prioritizes instrument shipments to align with sales forecast demand.
• Multi-tasks to support changing demands to meet production and shipping deadlines while maintaining shipping schedules.
• Coordinates and processes domestic shipments.
• Assists with loading and unloading materials.
• Aids in receipt and storage of raw materials.
• Supports cycle counts and physical inventory.
• Enters multiple daily transactions into MRP system and maintains accuracy of inventory and work in process.
• Develops methods to optimize workflow and maintain cleanliness in the shipping/receiving area.
• Performs routine housekeeping of work areas.
• Supports production and sales requests.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 8 years of previous experience in picking/packing/shipping.
• Experience with MRP systems required.
• HAZMAT Certification preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Working knowledge of inventory control.
• Ability to determine the most efficient process/technique to ensure all orders will be shipped accurately without being damaged.
• Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.