Hannaford Temporary Associate - Hannaford in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Temporary Associate - Hannaford
Full/Part Time Status
66-2 Drum Hill Shopping Center
Turns out a wonderful place to shop can be a wonderful place to work. Our associates are amazing and talented people, and no two are exactly alike, so we give them the tools they need to grow their careers and live balanced lives. Wherever your career takes you, you’ll find opportunities at every turn. Here, you can learn and grow, while always bringing your full self to work. Welcome to Hannaford.
We are currently looking for Temporary Associates for: Enter depts here
Availability: Add availability requirements here.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide outstanding friendly customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
• Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of products or setting up displays, etc.
• Stock the fresh, frozen, and self-service cases using proper rotation procedures.
• Recognize or differentiate between the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store, including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
• Scan the purchases of a customer into the cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures.
• Perform all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company standard practices.
• Maintain the quality of department’s appearance and presentation.
• Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
• Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
• Observe and maintain company’s sanitation and food safety standards.
• Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
• Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
Strong Focus on customer service. Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Dependent upon position, you may be required to bend and lift product ranging from 15 lbs. to 75 lbs.
• Work in and out of inclement weather when necessary.
• Operate controls and feel objects. Use tools to prepare products.
• Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
• Stand and walk 100% of the time.
**The essential job functions, duties and responsibilities and physical requirements listed are a select representation of duties required for various positions, and may not include all, or be limited to, those listed. Specific duties and functions of each position will be available and reviewed at time of interview.