Actalent Senior Software Engineer in Dedham, Massachusetts
What you’ll experience:
• Custom hardware and software products for military customers
• Hands-on experience with development and testing
• Software V&V, data analysis, discrepancy reporting and corrective actions to ensure production readiness
• Identification and resolution of technical issues across functional teams
• Driving program timelines while also ensuring compliance with quality processes
• Continually finding ways to innovate and improve practices
What you bring to the table:
• Thorough understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories including abilities to write software to integrate and utilize an array of application software languages, technologies, and concepts
• Expertise in applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve issues in creative ways, while helping the company meet financial and business objectives
• Proficiency in development of software requirement specifications and design documents, code generation, and code and unit testing of software
• Strong knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
• Application of DevOps principles to architect, create, and utilize test automation frameworks for continuous compile, test, and integration activities
• Experience working on a multi-discipline team using Agile and/or Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe)
• Understanding of secure software development concepts for DoD Application and system Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
What sets you apart:
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong knowledge of technology trends and the ability to champion new ideas, products and process improvements
• Ability to effectively handle complex assignments
• Creative thinking with the ability to effectively multi-task
• Agile Experience
Top Secret, DoD, Department of defense
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TOP SECRET security clearance is active and transferrable at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs