Stop and Shop Assistant Store Manager-Dennis in Dennis, Massachusetts
15778BRAuto req ID:15778BRJob Description:
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for ensuring the sales and profitability while helping to achieve best in class customer service in their departments.
• Manage the recruitment, hiring, orientation, managing people development and maintaining diversity of Front-end.
• Responsible for overseeing Front-end operations, Cash Office, and ensuring highest level of customer service.
• Manage store community and customer relations.
• Accountable for: scheduling and conducting interviews and involving other managers as appropriate; coordinating orientation, new hire and department specific training with CTP Coordinators; following up on associate development plan implementation and AMT progress; documenting front-end associate performance issues; attending or coordinating job fairs; analyzing store turnover figures and developing action plans with appropriate department managers; counseling and coaching associates; resolving customer issues; responding to donation requests; attending and or coordinating local community events; and managing fund raising events and gift card program.
• Create a culture of best in class customer service
• Manage Customer Service Departments regarding general operations, sales, and profitability
• Manage daily activities including sanitation and safety. Merchandising department presentation, payroll and productivity and administration
Job Status:Full-Time (40 Hours)FLSA:Exempt Posting Title:Assistant Store ManagerDepartment Name:Store ManagementCity:Dennis State:MassachusettsJob Category:OperationsEssential Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 – 3 year’s supermarket retail experience
Skills and Knowledge
• Highly motivated, results-oriented, and a self-starter
• Ability to influence and communicate cross functionally
• Ability to multi-task
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of customer service skills
• Ability to think creatively and strategically
• Effective organizational and time management skills
Experience:2-4 years Education (Highest Level):Bachelors Degree