Eversource Energy Analyst, Business Integration in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position will assist in the creation of Business Integration solutions to support the respective business. The selected individual will be responsible for meeting with internal customers to gain a better understanding of their business needs, define report requirements, design meaningful reports to help drive action, and provide user support by creating guides and performing end user training.
- Meets with internal customers to gain a better understanding of their business needs and collaboratively identifies best practice solutions and defines report requirements.
- Gains a clear understanding of the data and end user workflow to validate results and reconcile discrepancies when necessary.
- Utilizes a variety of tools and methodologies to create useful reports with actionable information.
- Designs, implements and helps maintain reports, dashboards, and other business intelligence tools.
- Monitors the performance of reports and makes recommendations to optimize or improve the design.
- Monitors data integrity. Assists in resolving data discrepancies between data warehouse and other sources.
- Creates and maintains documentation including requirements, design, and end user manuals.
- Provides end user training and support.
Must have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Microsoft Power Platform: Power BI, PowerApps, and Microsoft Flow. Power BI, including DAX, highly desired.
- Microsoft SQL Server and TSQL. SSIS.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
Experience in Microsoft Excel and Access development. Proficiency with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming, including ability to analyze, debug, and/or enhance existing VBA applications.
Exposure to Gateway services and handling user and app security.
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Adept at producing detailed and accurate written documentation.
- Ability to contribute both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to gain high-level understanding of the organization’s business systems and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Three (3) or more years business and technical experience
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which includes sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes requirements gathering, analyzing, designing, implementing, presenting, project management and support.
- Works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs