Eversource Energy Lead Advisor, Safety (Substations) in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Under minimal supervision, lead and support Eversource in the administration, development and improvement of the occupational safety and health programs. Serve as both a technical and internal management partner in the prevention of injuries and illnesses, ensuring regulatory compliance and incorporating best practices into ES’s safety management system. In addition to the Senior Advisor, Safety responsibilities, the Lead Advisor, Safety is responsible for leading the program development, management and facilitation to assure consistent and effective application throughout the ES enterprise. Will assist Safety management in the execution of safety programs in all business environments, including field operations, plants and offices with a focus on Substation Operations. Act as the respective safety manager in their absence.
Fulfills the role of Senior/Advisor, Safety and:
- Knowledge ofSubstation Equipment, Isolation, Lock Out/ Tag Out and Grounding procedures
- Knowledge of power system maintenance and operation
- Develops strategic and programmatic solutions to ensure compliance and incorporate best practices applicable to occupational safety and health programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Provides program oversight and facilitation to field operations, field safety advisors and safety vendors.
- Leads the development, implementation and monitors / assesses program(s) effectiveness.
- Provides feedback to Safety Managers, ES operations management on programmatic solutions to safety compliance and performance concerns.
- Facilitates management of causal identification for program needs assessments and future program(s) developments.
- Supports Safety Managers providing statistical analysis and data relevant to safety and health programs and acts on their behalf, as assigned.
Identifies and coordinates the execution of the necessary resources to successfully implement safety and health programs.
Provides storm restoration and emergency assignments up to and including the safety branch director of the ICS system and emergency response plan.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the Company’s safety rules
- Requires knowledge and understanding of Eversource Operation’s practices and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of construction site safety is required
- Requires specific knowledge of local and federal regulations (OSHA and DOT) safety laws, and State Departments of Public Safety requirements as they pertain to electric, gas and water utility industries
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations as well as sound safety management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Distribution operations and associated electrical, gas systems, construction practices and renewable energy practices is highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills;
- Strong project leadership skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams;
- Ability to build rapport/credibility with both management and the skilled craft workforce
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Safety management, Engineering or equivalent combined education and experience is required
- Minimum of eight (8) years related experience is required including program management skills and safety experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Additional safety related training programs and certifications such as the National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate, Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Must be available to travel occasionally beyond the assigned region to attend special meetings/training/conferences or during storm conditions.
- Must be available to work on-call on a rotating basis.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, training, presenting and coordinating.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
- Must be able to clearly articulate job and safety related information to employees and to effectively address performance issues in a constructive manner.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs