Eversource Energy Supervisor, Meter Reading and Field Meter in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
In this role you will Supervises and plans the day to day operations of the staff relating to non- interval meter data systems, data gathering including all aspects of the meter data management, Field Collection System, Fieldnet, equipment inventory and strategies for all Eversource territories. Responsible for supervising the development, training, and upgrades for meter data collection systems such as Field Collection System or Fieldnet. This position is responsible for the overall direction and management of Field Collection System, Fieldnet and scalar meter data collection and management processes. Responsible for supervising the development, training, release and maintenance of application systems for metering business functions. Supervise all maintenance and support needs for meter data collection system processes utilized by meter reading, meter service functions, and related billing functions. Supports ensuring that operational performance is meeting customers’ needs and regulatory requirements at the lowest possible cost to the consumer. Key interfaces include Itron, Billing, IT, Meter Engineering, Account Executives, Meter Field Services, Meter Operations, and ISO/Load Research.
- Collaborate with manager to maintain equipment inventory and budget. Forecasts future equipment. Monitor spending to ensure it remains within budget.
- Ensure FCS system operating properly by analyzing system problems. Proactively seek and recognize system and hardware enhancements for the Field Collection System (FCS) and the Fieldnet NU/NH systems.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and Company policies, and constantly looks for ways to improve business practices and policies.
- Participates on and leads various project teams, as necessary.
- Exercises sound judgment and discretion in confidential matters.
- Ability to work various, schedules as business needs dictate. Will require flexibility.
- Directs the development and implementation of work method standards and operating procedures to ensure effective operation of all associated meter data collection systems
- Ensures that scalar data used to bill customers is accurate, reliable, and provided in a timely manner.
- Supervises equipment maintenance, inventory, and budget. Forecasts future equipment needs and associated costs. Monitors spending to remain within budget.
- Provides day to day support to ensure the health and continuous improvement of the meter to bill including managing meter data collection system operational issues, leading the communication to affected business partners and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Proactively seeks and recognizes system and hardware enhancements for the Field Collection System (FCS) and the Fieldnet.
- Participates in the development of strategic meter data system plans, including the design, development, testing, and deployment of current and new systems and technologies in collaboration with other Eversource stakeholders.
- Recommends and coordinates continuous improvement activities for metering technologies including operational trends, internal and external benchmarking, identification of industry “best practices” and facilitation of process improvement teams.
- Is business lead or subject matter expert for meter system projects and upgrades.
- Identifies and communicates group and individual performance measures and expected performance levels, assesses team/individual performance, and realigns performance measures, as appropriate.
- Develops and supervises staff which includes training, scheduling, productivity, performance reviews and conflict resolution.
- Recommends appropriate staffing levels and performance standards.
- Proposes, evaluates, and implements operational activities to determine and recommend streamlining opportunities including process automation through system enhancements.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral and written communications, excellent interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Customer driven; displays initiative; accepts responsibility
Applies analytical knowledge and skill to solve problems and respond promptly, appropriately and constructively to employees.
Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point) and working knowledge of C2/CIS and payment/print related applications and other relevant technology applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline or equivalent related experience.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in a customer service, billing, or payment related field.
- General knowledge or experience of remittance processing, print/mailing, billing, and transaction processing required and previous supervisory experience a plus.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs