Eversource Energy Trainer, System Operations, Distribution in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)1.Role and Scope of Position:
Develops, conducts and implements distribution System Operations Training for CT, MA and NH. Training includes both classroom and on-the-job training and incorporates both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods.
- Performs analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation in the context of System Operations Training in CT, MA and NH.
- Conducts System Operator Training program activities consistent with the Systematic Approach to Training, adult learning principles and training program policies and procedures.
- Responsible for incorporating simulation into System Operations Training in CT, MA and NH.
- Receives and evaluates training requests and presents to System Operations Training management.
- Evaluates procedures, practices and regulatory changes and modifies System Operations Training materials as required.
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs
- Evaluates and recommends vendor provided training content and services.
- Represents System Operations Training at meetings, on committees and at conferences.
- Assists operations management in the coordination of response to system emergencies and participates in event review teams and incident analyses as requested by operations management.
- Knowledge of electric distribution system operations.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the Eversource electric distribution system.
- Thorough knowledge of electric system switching and tagging procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of distribution SCADA, Outage Management System (OMS) and other distribution operations support applications.
- Knowledge of the Systematic Approach to Training.
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Familiarity with learning management systems.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years of related experience in electric power distribution, transmission or generation.
- 4 years of experience as a System Operator preferred.
- 1 year of experience as a trainer in a formalized training program preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, writing, typing and communicating.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs