BAMSI LPN/RN - Residential in Easton, Massachusetts
$2500 New Hire sign on when hired at BAMSI for all regular Full Time and Part Time LPN and RN Positions!
16 hrs:Sat/Sun 7a-3p
Weekend shifts worked are paid at a $2 differential.
BAMSI. Essential employees doing exceptional work.
BAMSI is now hiring LPNs and RNs for programs throughout Massachusetts. This is the perfect job for nurses who wish to truly know their patients and provide holistic health. Our nurses work with a team of caring and talented employees, providing medical care and fostering a social environment.
Join BAMSI, where employees turn houses into homes. We are looking to expand our family, a team of dedicated human service and healthcare professionals who support individuals with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, acquired brain injuries, and medical complexities in their homes. Nurses will provide and coordinate medical care, assist with activities of daily living, foster community connections, and individuals with developing and maintaining meaningful relationships.
Tuition assistance and paid CEUs
403B plan with discretionary match
Flexible work schedules
Immediate access to your pay
Generous paid time off
Health/dental insurance, wellness activities, and more.
*Available benefits are based on position and scheduled hours.
As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated, by their start date. Details related to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to candidates who have been selected for employment.
General Statement of Duties: The RN/LPN will ensure the health, safety and well-being of adults with disabilities and or brain injuries living in a supervised residential setting. The RN/LPN will monitor persons served heath status and support/provide opportunities for social engagement and skill building in a way that promotes growth, independence, dignity and a meaningful life.
• Assess and identify health related needs, monitor medical status, and work with staff to ensure a safe and healthy environment for individuals living in a community setting..
• Provide direct care while supporting person-served abilities and encouraging maximum level of independence and safety with ADLs.
• Follow the Department of Public Health’s (DPH) Medication Administration Program (MAP) policies, which include training requirements, medication administration, medication security, and corresponding documentation utilizing agency’s electronic healthcare record (EHR).
• Provide and maintain accurate documentation of health assessment and data tracking logs.
• Transport individuals to medical appointments. Advocate for best health- related outcomes for person-served.
• Encourage self-advocacy by individuals at appointments.
• Ensure individuals’ nutritional needs are met based on personal preferences and according to prescribed diet. Assist with preparation and feeding as necessary.
• Follow individualized protocols to promote physical health and wellness.
• Use supportive and adaptive, health-related protections/equipment as prescribed. Assist individuals as needed and required with cleaning of equipment.
• Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisors of program issues and concerns.
• Review medical records and physician orders to ensure program compliance, updating information as needed.
• Ensure the highest quality of safety standards and infection control protocols are followed.
• Assist with training and orienting employees new to the program.
• Communicate and report persons served status verbally and in writing in a professional manner.
• Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings\
• Ensure persons served safety and compliance with program standards for staff coverage and reportable incidents, including assistance to the Administrator-On-Call whenever possible.
• Assist with admissions and discharges to and from hospitals and rehabilitation centers.
• Support individuals served with achieving the goals and objectives outlined in service/support plans.
• Use approved techniques and practices to create a thoughtful and supportive environment.
• Promote healthy living and relationship building with all people, supported through individualized social, spiritual, and recreational opportunities offered in membership, access, and integration in the community.
• Ensure Positive Behavior Supports (PBS), BAMSI’s framework for delivering clinical services, are implemented by offering choices and preferred routines, meeting needs, supporting individual’s goals, modeling pro-social behaviors, and maintaining professional boundaries.
• Use communication systems suited to persons served needs, and promote independence through the use of assistive technology and cognitive supports.
• Work in other residential programs and or day programs when needed.
• Rotate holiday coverage as needed.
• Perform duties to reflect agency policies and procedures.
• Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by program manager or designee.
• Possession of Massachusetts license as a nurse
• Knowledge of the theories, methods, procedures and practices of nursing care and physical rehabilitation as applicable to community residential services.
• 2 years experience working with individuals with acquired brain injury or similar disabilities preferred
• Must possess a valid driver’s license in state of residence and 3 years of driving experience.
• Basic computer literacy, including the ability to record data, use electronic time and attendance software and receive and send email, is required.
• Ability to lift, pull/push, transfer, maneuver and reposition 25 pounds.
• Ability to reach, bend, stand, sit, and walk; perform fine motor activities.
External Company Name: Brockton Area Multi-Services Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.bamsi.org/
Street: 300 Foundry St