Wynn Las Vegas Gardener 1 Encore Boston Harbor in Everett, Massachusetts
*About Encore Boston Harbor *
Encore Boston Harbor features 210,000 square-feet of gaming space including more than 3,000 slot machines and 240 table games. Situated on the Mystic River in Everett, Massachusetts, and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor boasts 671 spacious hotel rooms, a spa, salon and fitness center, specialty retail shops, 15 dining and lounge venues and more than 50,000 square feet of ballroom and meeting spaces. The grounds feature a six-acre Harborwalk with pedestrian and bicycle paths that provide access to the waterfront, an event lawn, public art and ornate floral displays. It is the largest private, single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Encore Boston Harbor Gardener 1will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of interior and exterior plant material, trees, irrigation and the use of fertilizer and pesticides. The Gardener 1 also performs duties that require the operation of equipment and use of tools which are necessary to maintain all horticultural elements throughout the resort. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: carrying out and maintaining processes; supporting the department and maximizing opportunities for departmental success; maintaining all Encore Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
*JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Adheres to all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards.
- Participate in the execution of short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Actively contributes to departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Follows all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and property-wide controls.
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
- Provides professional internal and external guest service, which may require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Uses a variety of manual hand tools, including, but not limited to, rakes, loppers, hand saws, pruning shears, shovels, hoes, fertilizer spreaders, pesticide sprayers, and hedge shears.
- Operates specialized power and motorized equipment including, but not limited to: blowers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, scissor lift, boom lift, sky track, fork lift, sprayers, pallet jack, electric pallet jack, utility vehicles and trucks up to 30 ft. long.
- Ensures proper care and safe use of equipment and supplies.
- Ensures appropriate pest management and irrigation management practices.
- Ensures safe and appropriate tree climbing, rope access repelling practices.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
18 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Valid Massachusetts Driver’s license required.
*Education and/or Experience: *
High school degree or equivalent preferred. Horticulture education or related experience preferred. Extensive gardening, horticulture knowledge and experience preferred.
General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office a plus.
Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent attention to detail preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Conversational English required, second language a plus. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When at the resort, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Team members are expected to work outside and may be subject to all weather conditions. Operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, humidity, precipitation, wind, noise, and vibration. Work may be performed in and or around electrically or mechanically energized equipment. Required to work in elevated places on ladders, lifts, catwalks, and staging inside and outside of the building. Proper precautions and procedures must be taken including the use of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Everett, MA
Job Type: Hospitality - Hotel
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 12/2/2021