Wynn Las Vegas Poker Cage Assistant Shift Manager Encore Boston Harbor in Everett, Massachusetts
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.5 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harborwalk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
Encore Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Encore Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Encore Boston Harbor team.
The Encore Boston Harbor Poker Cage Assistant Shift Supervisor will assisting in the management of the Poker Cage. This includes but is not limited to assisting and supporting the poker cashiers in all cage transactions and managing poker cage team members on assigned shift. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: maintaining all Encore Standards and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
*JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Participates in short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Supervises daily activities to maintain departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Supports the management and performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property-wide communication.
- Supports hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility. Creates a motivating environment.
- Provides professional internal and external guest service, which may require levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team members, with all Encore contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding Communities, as an ambassador of the Encore brand.
- Ensuring that all Poker Cage reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Assigns poker cashiers staff to various locations according to job requirements and the team members abilities, skills, and experience
- Observes performance of duties to evaluate efficiency and to detect and correct inefficient work practices
- Assigns team members to various locations according to job requirements and the team members abilities, skills, and experience
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
*Education and/or Experience: *
High school degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum 2 years of casino experience required, with a prior leadership role preferred.
Requires general computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus.
Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the casino floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Everett, MA
Job Type: Finance
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 13/3/2019