Staples Manager, Digital Business Strategy & Analytics in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Manager, Digital Business Strategy & Analytics will lead the development of insightful and actionable analytical solutions to support digital business and site merchandising initiatives helping shape both the site and digital engagement strategy in alignment with overall corporate/financial objectives. He/she will interface with senior business leadership as well as other internal clients to understand business objectives and ensure deliverables are aligned.
This role requires an excellent collaborator, communicator, and manager with a strong bias towards data-based decision making. The successful candidate is a problem solver in a fast-moving and highly diverse environment with a strong background in site merchandising and its mechanics. Furthermore, a successful candidate will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and timeliness are not compromised. In addition to strong analytical skills, they must be adept at communicating findings to senior leadership in both verbal and presentation formats. They must be comfortable managing in a cross functional environment and have experience partnering with technical teams to deliver results.
• Provide detailed insight into Staples.com placement/page performance – understand the pages & placements that drive the Staples.com business. Provide business owners with insights & recommendations into how to optimize said pages/placements.
• Provide day-to-day analytics support for Staples on-site media business – including leading the requirements of future state reporting for a fully scaled media business.
• Explore opportunities and leverage data insights to optimize vendor solutions.
• Building & executing business cases for key growth initiatives and shaping product roadmaps.
• Define the Digital Business strategy and roadmap in alignment with overall corporate/financial objectives
• Ability to produce and streamline regular reporting (complete with key insights and recommendations). Recommend additional “deep dive” analytics as appropriate.
• Work closely with and effectively communicate with all key business stakeholders across the organization: Site Analytics, Product Management, Merchandising, Marketing and Finance, Pricing and Sales.
• Drive incremental sales and margin through improved reporting /processes as well as new initiatives to achieve financial targets.
• Perform value added ad-hoc analysis/reporting in support of the business unit objectives and initiatives.
• Define and manage optimization of the programs through site analytics and testing and continuously refine customer engagement strategy.
• Drive insights into customers’ digital behavior and transactional behavior.
• Stay up to date on analytics industry trends to inform ongoing changes and enhancements.
• BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing or other related field.
• eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising and/or Project management experience.
• MS Office suite proficiency; excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• 7 years of Financial Analysis, Site Analytics and/or Customer analytics
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills as well as demonstrated experience in fact-based analysis, including the ability to persuasively present insights and recommendations to senior management.
• Understanding of site merchandising, digital experience, sales and margin objectives.
• Pro-active and self-motivated work style with proven ability to collaborate broadly with flexible, positive attitude to get results within a cross-functional team.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities with demonstrated track record of strong execution and experience partnering with technical teams to deliver results.
• Master’s degree or MBA Preferred.
• Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making with the ability to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
• Knowledge of various data mining techniques and effective visualizations. Strong analytical and financial skills, as well as superior interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build relationships with business partners and proactively assess needs of the business.
• Knowledge of various data mining techniques and effective visualizations. Hands on experience with SQL, SAAS and Tableau development.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.