TJX Sr International Tax Accountant in Framingham, Massachusetts
Sr International Tax Accountant
Brand: TJX Corporate
Framingham, MA, US
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Regular
Functional Area: Finance
Discovery is at the core of everything we do – whether it’s a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That’s what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Senior International Tax Accountant – Framingham, MA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Preparation of foreign tax compliance including international components of the U.S. Federal consolidated corporation income tax return and foreign income tax filings.
•Compliance: Prepare earnings and profits, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, Forms 8858, 5471 and other U.S. return disclosures. Prepare foreign corporate income tax returns, provisions, estimated tax payment calculations and annual returns for TJX’s foreign entities. Maintain documentation to support foreign intercompany transactions.
•Audit: Assist with preparation of responses to income tax audit queries for local foreign audits and for international components of IRS audits. Maintain audit documentation for current and future audits.
•Tax Accounting: Maintain and reconcile tax account balances for TJX foreign entities, analyze and track cash taxes paid. Identify and calculate book/tax differences, assist in the preparation of the annual tax provision and with year-end close.
•Other Ad-Hoc: Implement revisions in tax calculations resulting from new tax legislation. Participate in process improvements and/or implementations. Assist associates working in TJX’s corporate finance departments, both domestic and foreign, with various tax matters as they arise.
Required Experience and Skills
• Experience with Oracle, Hyperion Financial Management, OneSource, Checkpoint
• CCH Taxprep and FormMaster (Canadian tax software)
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related Business concentration. Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation (or pursuit thereof) and/or CPA certification a plus, but not required
• 2+ years of corporate tax experience including at least one year of international tax compliance experience at a multinational company or public accounting firm
• Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
• Strong knowledge and application of accounting principles, tax and accounting software, excel
• Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Excellent written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA