Eversource Energy Supervisor, Electric Operations Development Program (Station Operations) in Framingham, Massachusetts
Provides leadership to ensure the safe, timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration of the electric distribution and transmission systems. Ensures effective coordination among and between individuals and departments in the district/division. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
Eversource is a leader in enabling a clean energy future for New England. We are making significant investments in our electric transmission and distribution system to support the integration of clean energy resources such as solar and wind power, electric vehicles, new gas and energy storage technologies.
We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented, and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work and who know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration and support each other in working safely every day.
We are looking for talented individuals who strive to take their careers to the next level as a electric operations supervisor in substations to help us continue enhancing New England’s largest energy delivery system and enabling a Clean Energy Future! Could this be you?
The Supervisor Development Program is a 6-month leadership program designed to provide you with an opportunity for career development, training, and varied work experience to help set you up for a successful career as an Electric Operations Supervisor. The program combines instructor led leadership and technical trade training. Every candidate will have an opportunity to enhance their skills by participating in a rotation in which they will immerse themselves in the role of a supervisor and become the next leaders in our service territories in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Potential Locations include: Dorchester MA, Dedham MA, Framingham MA
The successful candidate will provide technical assistance and overall direction to a team of union-represented trade employees. They will provide leadership to ensure the safe, timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration of the electric distribution and transmission systems. They will help ensure effective coordination between individuals and departments in the district/division. Our leaders actively promote and enforce a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture, while engaging and motivating our employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
Day to Day Functions:
Accountable for the safe execution of field activities. Sets safety expectations with employees. Resolve safety issues/concerns in an appropriate and timely manner. Communicates safety lessons learned and promotes continuous learning of safe work methods, practices, and procedures.
Supervises crews in construction and maintenance activities for T&D substations.
- Responsible for the reliability and condition of substation assets.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call rotation as require.
Mental Aspects :
- Must be able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to meet deadlines and customerrequirements.
Requires being able to effectively relate to customers and the general public under stressful circumstances and for prolonged periods.
Must be able to clearly articulate job and safety related information to employees and to effectively address performance issues in a constructivemanner.
- Requires being able to respond to problem situations in a timely manner at all hours of the day or night.
- Working knowledge of methods, work practices, and procedures regarding the safe construction, operation, and maintenance of electric T&D facilities and infrastructure at both secondary and primary operating voltages is strongly desired.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology preferred or equivalent experience.
Three or more years of related experience is required.
Experience in operation and maintenance of substation facilities is preferred.
- Experience in electrical transmission and distribution is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Motor Vehicle License required. D.O.T. Driver’s License preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $95,400.00 to $106,000.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
Working Conditions – This is an on-Site position. Will require travel to MA, CT, and NH for training during this six-month training program.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH asnecessary.
- Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment which requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing and completion ofpaperwork.
- Drives to various job site locations and customer premises to supervise work, and review or discuss construction jobrequirements.
- May work with computers for long periods of time during theday.
- Subject to shift work includingweekends.
- Off-hour on-call responsibility is required on a rotationalbasis.
- At times it requires working long hours in response to outage situations and shift coverage requirements.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs