St. Patrick's Manor Unit Clerk in Framingham, Massachusetts
St. Patrick's Manor is a nonprofit, short-term and long-term care facility sponsored by the Carmelite Sisters. St. Patrick's Manor is a place of life, a place of caring, and more importantly, a true home for over 300 residents. Located on twenty-six acres of lush manicured lawns and gardens in Framingham, MA, we are just minutes from Rte. 9, which allows for easy access to the Mass Pike.
Do you Love Serving residents and having relationships with their families? Do you take pride in knowing you are providing top quality care? Do you want a career in a nursing facility that values treating all people with dignity and respect?
We would like to talk with you about an opportunity for a career in a well respected, long term care nursing facility.
Position Description: :
The Unit Clerk is responsible for performing duties to assist unit nurse in preparing, compiling, and maintaining accurate and timely records on each resident.
Position is Full Time Monday through Friday with one weekend every three weeks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include::
- Verify census daily.
- Assure that all medical record information is protected and kept confidential.
- Protect all medical record information from loss, defacing, or destruction before retention period.
- File medical records and maintain files according to state regulations
- Retrieve medical records upon request
- Identify incomplete documentation and report to individuals responsible for completion
- Identify inaccurate documentation and report to individuals responsible for accuracy of documentation
- Advise all disciplines of documentation to be completed or corrected
- Thin overflow from in-house records, audits, and file in discharge record order
- Keep charts orderly and thinned according to state regulations
- Maintain additional diagnosis sheet, computer interim sheets and computer change of information sheets
- Verify diagnoses with Nurse Service and record on admission record
- Assure that all information is complete on admission record and record is placed in medical record
- Ensure that all medical record forms for resident identification information are placed in medical record
- Audit medical records, as assigned
- See that routine labs, weekly, etc. are done