North Shore Community Health Certified Medical Assistant in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Certified Medical Assistant
Gloucester, MA (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=302+Washington+Street+Gloucester+MA+01930)
Full-time and Part time openings!
We are passionate about our mission here at North Shore Community Health! Our mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. If you are someone that shares our mission and believes that first impressions are lasting impressions, you are a great candidate for us. We have full-time and part-time openings for Medical Assistants for our Peabody and Salem Family Health Centers. The Medical Assistant, reporting to the Site Manager the Medical Assistant is responsible in assisting providers (physicians, NP, Behavioral health, nurses) with patient visits including administrative, clinical and laboratory duties. S(he) is expected to take a very active role within the team in terms of ongoing duties and in seeking constant improvement to the processes. As a team member at our health center, you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
• Provides outstanding customer service, both to internal and external customers
• Screens patients according to established protocol including but not limited to height, weight, urine testing, hematocrits, vision testing, blood pressure, PHQ-9
• Prepares paperwork for referrals as needed
• Provides translation services as needed
• Sets up for procedures as listed under the MA competency checklist
• Obtains tests as delineated under the MA competency checklist
• Performs the tasks within the EMR as listed in the MA competency checklist
• Participates in the orders, hospital discharge and ER tracking
• Clean and stock exam rooms
• Perform quality assurance tests as necessary
• Maintain an inventory control system
• Maintain sterilization statistics
• Answers phone or EMR message when needed
• Contacts patients as needed, via letter, telephone or patient portal
• Schedules patients as needed
• HIPAA: Maintains integrity and completeness of medical record and patient confidentiality
• Copies and faxes documents as needed
• And other assigned duties to support the patient care team
North Shore Community Health (NSCH) offers comprehensive primary care, dental services, behavioral health care, care management, pharmacy, medication-assisted treatment and enrollment services. In 2019, NSCH provided services to 13,272 patients through 63,170 visits. NSCH has 10 services sites: Salem Family Health Center, the largest and highest volume site, the school-based health centers at Salem High School and Peabody Veterans Memorial High School, Gloucester Family Health Center, Peabody Family Health Center, and behavioral health services only at the Bentley Academy, Collins Middle School, Nathaniel Hawthorne School, Bates Elementary School, and the Peabody Learning Academy. NSCH offers competitive benefit plans. NSCH is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.NSCHI.org for more information.
Workplace Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The policy of NSCH is to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law (“protected class status”). We affirm that the above policy reflects NSCH's attitude and its intention to do the following:
• Recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to protected class status;
• Base decisions on employment so as to further the principles of equal employment opportunity;
• Make promotion decisions are in accord with principals of equal employment opportunity;
• Administer personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, determinations and Center-sponsored training without regard to protected class status;
• Make equal employment opportunities available to qualified disabled or handicapped persons;
• Provide equal employment opportunities to those who are Veterans.
• Graduate of a Medical Assistant program
• Two years’ experience in a community-based or ambulatory care setting.
• Completion or willingness to complete Basic Life Support training (CPR)
• Ability to work effectively as part of the team
• Willingness to be flexible about work assignments
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Bilingual especially Spanish or Portuguese a plus
• Current vaccination against pertussis and tetanus.
• Competency in working with Microsoft Office Suite and GE Centricity is a plus