Applied Materials Manager III, Systems Engineer in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Ensures that all projects and programs assigned are completed and meet requirements, with specific attention to systems specifications, program costs, resource utilization, and timeliness for completion.
Directs and manages the activates of a systems engineering group or unit, enabling it to meet key performance goals and objectives. Effectively assigns work to subordinate staff and/or project mangers, providing for professional development in addition to maximum productivity.
Develops personnel to include training and career development, manages the performance management process to include the development of team and individual goals, implementing employee development plans and coaching. Participates in, and/or manages, employee selection and hiring of personnel. Manages reward and discipline processes. May also select and manage Professional Services and outsourced staff.
Supports the business by managing business requirements analysis, system functionality design and verification, system capability, sizing, system enhancements/extensions development, and trouble shooting support.
Prepare system development cost estimates, budgets, and schedules. Create and presents project proposals to management and business community.
Ensures design, development life cycle, system test and validation process
Ensures safety standards are maintained in a safe and secure work environment; completes accident reports as required. Highlights safety issues as necessary.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
- Lead HC particle CIP – characterize and conceive new components or designs to improve particle control or
maintenance activities related to particles
Support and/or serve as internal technical lead for customer particle escalations
Interpret particle characterization metrology data, including SP3, SEM/EDX, etc.
Manage group engineer(s) and technician(s)
Schedule implanter tool time to accommodate test requests
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
- Applied Materials Jobs