Applied Materials Manufacturing Engineer III in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Plays an integral role in the day-to-day operations of semiconductor capital equipment. Determines root cause and implements corrective actions for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of implanter systems. Launches, releases, approves and implements engineering change requests as required to support new and existing products. Collaborates with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products.
Evaluates manufacturing and test data to make sustained continuous improvements.
Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Uses DFx principles to reduce manufacturing and/or product costs, and improve delivered product quality. Works with test engineering on the design and development of text fixtures.
Evaluates work methods to implement safe and ergonomic standards. Participates in the development and maintenance of new and existing business processes; updates as necessary to ensure current practices are documented.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
- Applied Materials Jobs