Baystate Health Assistant Nurse Manager - Mental Health Unit/Emergency Department in Greenfield, Massachusetts
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE
We are looking for an Assistant Nurse Manager to support our Mental Health Unit & Emergency Department teams at Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield, MA!
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus! (Internal and External Applicants Qualify)
Resume Required with Application
- 40 hours per week
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) works in partnership with the Nurse Manager to support and lead the daily operations of the units. The ANM is expected to adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations. The ANM is expected to assume accountability and responsibility for translating the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the medical center/hospital and the nursing service into effective action under the guidance of the Nurse Manager. The ANM demonstrates Baystate Health operating principles and behaviors. Responsibility is centralized within five major areas: Clinical Practice and Quality Outcomes, Human Resources Leadership, Management of the Environment, Financial Growth and Stewardship, and Operational Planning.
1) Clinical Practice and Quality Outcomes: The Assistant Nurse Manager administers direct nursing care to patients and serves as a clinical resource and role model of clinical excellence for staff. Delivers service promise as evidenced by metrics in all unit practices and programs. Provides leadership collaboratively with the Nurse Manager in proactively developing quality-driven and cost-effective initiatives. Initiates and partners with the Nurse Manager to lead and achieve outcomes in service-based performance improvement efforts.
2) Human Resources Leadership: The Assistant Nurse Manager in collaboration with the Nurse Manager leads a positive work environment that facilitates the delivery of excellent patient and caregiver experiences. Staff are highly engaged, as evidenced by relevant metrics. Individual and collective practices reflect the Core principles of Magnet. Initiates and manages necessary change, providing support and resources to staff. Seeks opportunities to build working alliances with other professional groups. Creates opportunities for Shared Governance in order to effectively solve problems. In alignment with the Nurse Manager, is responsible for recruiting & hiring; staff development; recognition; retention; establishing performance expectations for success; delivering performance appraisals and implementing corrective actions.
3) Management of the Patient Care Environment: The Assistant Nurse Manager is a leader who is highly visible in the patient care unit and is responsible for the effective management of patient progress and outcomes of care. Leads collaborative efforts with other departments and disciplines to meet patient care needs. Accountable for unit issues in collaboration with the Nurse Manager, including the adequacy of appropriate materials and equipment, until resolution occurs.
4) Financial Growth and Stewardship: The Assistant Nurse Manager is accountable for managing within budget in collaboration with the Nurse Manager as evidenced by metrics. Stewards' financial resources and promotes growth by developing business plans and budgets for their unit in collaboration with the Nurse Manager per organizational goals and other relevant factors. Establishes expectations with the Nurse Manager and holds staff accountable regarding the delivery of high-quality, affordable care. Responds to budget variances in a proactive, timely manner in partnership with the Nurse Manager.
5) Operational Planning: The Assistant Nurse Manager, in concert with the Nurse Manager, sets a progressive pace for performance improvement and based on an assessment of internal and external influences, creates and implements plans that have a positive impact on the delivery of patient care and a positive work environment. Makes healthcare operations decisions/problem resolution to facilitate proper and timely patient flow on the unit and effective operations of the unit. Establishes staffing plans that respond to changing needs of the unit.
6) The ANM establishes a learning environment, in partnership with the Nurse Educator and Nurse Manager.
7) Facilitates staffing models necessary to support case volumes and acuity.
8) Evaluates clinical processes and workflows to ensure efficiency and to facilitate appropriate change.
9) Responsible for direct nurse supervision on weekends and off shifts, in partnership with the clinical supervisor.
10) Evaluate clinical documentation to ensure completion and accuracy.
Required Work Experience:
Minimum of 5 years of nursing experience in an Acute Psychiatric Inpatient setting.
Preferred Work Experience:
2 years of Emergency Nursing experience.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Psychiatric and Emergency Nursing Skills
2) Management/Leadership Skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Registered Nurse - Other, Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs