Baystate Health Respiratory Therapist in Greenfield, Massachusetts
We are looking for a Respiratory Therapist to join our Baystate Franklin team!
Resume required with application
American Heart Association ACL
Registered RT - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
Under the supervision of the Manager and Coordinator of the Cardiopulmonary Department, and according to established policies and procedures, the RTIII, Registered Respiratory Therapist, performs a wide variety of duties within the scope of Respiratory Care. The RTIII provides all care in accordance with physician's orders. Will have a thorough knowledge of department Policies and Procedures.
The RTIII reviews all pertinent patient data in the EMR, collects clinical information through physical examination and assessment. The RTIII will be competent to administer inhaled and nebulized respiratory medications and be a resource to others in their use, side effects, and appropriateness. The RTIII will provide oxygen therapy, invasive and non-invasive ventilation, chest physiotherapy, obtain and analyze blood gases, perform BCLS, member of CODE BLUE and Rapid Response Team.
RTIII will care for patients across the age continuum. Provides detailed patient education in appropriate areas relating to Respiratory Care. Will contribute to the improvement of the health of the community by providing care, support and education to patients with cardiopulmonary diseases.
RTIII shall interact with patients, families, members of the community, hospital staff and medical providers in a professional manner and in accordance with the Operating Principles of Baystate Health and be a role model for others in this area.
RT III will hold or be actively working toward specialty credentials, certifications, or proficiencies above and beyond the baseline requirements of Respiratory Therapy position.
1) Performance reflects knowledge in theory, methods, techniques, skills and behaviors related to Respiratory Care required to achieve high quality results across the age continuum. Demonstrates ability to consistently incorporate clinical knowledge into the delivery of care. Able to effectively influence physicians to modify therapy/intervention orders to improve effectiveness of care.
2) Maintains a complete knowledge in the principles of human anatomy and physiology, gas laws, acid-base balance, pathology of common and uncommon lung disease, and pharmacology related to Respiratory Care. Proactively seeks educational experiences that will enhance outcomes for patients.
3) Demonstrates knowledge of daily operations of the department including policies and procedures for Respiratory Care, safety, and infection control. Willing to contribute to revisions to policies and procedures to improve patient care, experience, and safety.
4) Consistently strives for a high level of excellence in Respiratory Care by effectively communicating with other members of the health care team, by administering the optimal modalities of therapy, and having a comprehensive knowledge of the patient's overall medical history and current condition. Sets goals for therapy.
5) Demonstrates ability to apply new modalities, equipment, and medications to appropriate patient populations . Is seen as a resource for other staff members in these areas.
6) Consistently acts as a resource and role model for others through clinical excellence, patient assessment skills, and communication with all team members.
7) Respects patients' right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality. Identifies self to patient and informs patient of procedure to be performed before initiation if possible.
8) Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment in a cooperative manner. Flexible in response to staffing needs. Works cooperatively, respectfully, and professionally with team members. May act as part of team to on-board new employees.
9) Demonstrates understanding of and participation in quality improvement projects including offering ideas for areas of measurement, competency development, or analysis of results.
10) Demonstrates commitment to patient/environment of care safety. Reports safety concerns promptly to supervisor/manager/senior leader as appropriate.
11) Demonstrates required skills to provide CPR in hospital setting; includes assisting with intubation, airway maintenance, chest compressions, patient assessment. Responds immediately to CODE BLUE and Rapid Response Team emergencies. May hold advanced credential such as ACLS or PALS.
12) Demonstrates ability to maintain artificial airways, adjust ventilator parameters for maximum therapeutic affect, and to increase patient's tolerance of therapy. Able to effectively troubleshoot ventilatory equipment. Documents all care of mechanically ventilated, and non-invasive ventilatory patients per departmental policy.
13) Able to collect, analyze, and report, and assess clinical significance of blood gas results per departmental procedure, including reporting of Critical Values. Closely adheres to all Blood Gas Laboratory policies and procedures including annual competency assessment.
14) Demonstrates consistent accuracy in processing of EKGs in MUSE system. Conscientious in prompt processing of tracings into correct Cardiology folder for interpretation.
15) Completes assigned work in a timely manner; completing tasks, documentation, and hand off within scheduled shift.
16) Demonstrates professional accountability for maintenance of Massachusetts Respiratory Care Licensure, CPR certification and education to maintain professional practice growth and development. Attends and contributes effectively to staff meetings and inter-disciplinary meetings.
17) Demonstrates professional accountability for maintenance of Massachusetts Respiratory Care Licensure, CPR certification and education to maintain professional practice growth and development. Attends and contributes effectively to staff meetings and inter-disciplinary meetings.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years of acute and critical respiratory care
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years experience
Skills and Competencies:
1) arterial blood gas drawing and analysis
For more information, please visit us online at: www. baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at www. facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Allison LeDuc, Senior Healthcare Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts: Respiratory Therapy (Required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association, Basic Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Respiratory Therapist - The National Board for Respiratory Care, Registered Respiratory Therapist - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Baystate Health Jobs