A.W. Chesterton Company CNC Machinist - 1st Shift (7:00AM to 3:30PM) in Groveland, Massachusetts
Who We Need:
You have strong CNC experience!
You have experience in reading blue prints.
You are driven by the quality of your work!
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
Operates Numerical Control machine tools including, but not limited to, lathes, millers, EDM, etc, as needed to manufacture metal components. One or more machines may be running at the same time. Inspects work and performs quality checks to ensure conformance to engineering drawings. Will record data for SPC, either manually or electronically. Works as part of a team, and must be willing to support quality and production goals. Cross checks other cell operator's work for first piece inspection and advises of any quality issues. In addition must be able to set up and run his/her own cell, may be required to assist and/or train other operators in the set-up and running of another cell.
Job Model: On-Site
All fully remote positions will require you to travel on site 2-4 times per month depending upon business needs at your own expense.
Hybrid positions will require employees to work both on-site and remote each week under a schedule that has been determined and agreed upon by you and your manager.
On-Site positions will require employees to work on-site for each of their scheduled shifts.
· Operates Numerical Control machine tools in a cellular environment, including lathes and millers.
· Operates machine controller to down load (electronically transfer) part program files.
· Performs work from operation and planning packages, which include process sheets, tooling lists, Sets up sheets, program code and blueprints.
· Inspects work and performs Quality checks and records data for SPC as required. Makes necessary changes to tooling, offsets, feeds and speeds to produce in spec parts.
· Exercises independent judgment in determining adjustments to be made to machinery to produce parts to meet drawing dimensions. Must support Chesterton Quality Policies.
· Maintains safe and clean work area on a daily basis. Keeps informed of and follows machine shop safety policies and procedures.
· Performs major set ups that include changing fixtures on the miller, changing tool holders on both lathes and millers, and make electronic tooling offsets to adjust tool position and piece part characteristics.
· Work involves moderate to complex set-ups and close to critical tolerances on various material types.
· Converts, edits, and may add lines of code to programs as required.
Complexity of Duties
· Checks own work with Inspection tools, gauges, micrometers, indicators, etc., and has work cross- checked by a Quality Control Inspector.
· May be required to deburr parts; do subassembly work, press pins, and/or faces into fabricated components; mark, etch, stamp or engrave as needed to complete a part in a cellular component.
· Works with little supervision. No instructions required for routine work.
· Thorough knowledge of CNC machine tools and program codes.
· Performs routine maintenance on equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to read, comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Requires solid math skills.
· Requires a solid understanding of Numerical Control Programs and be able to read and understand machine code.
· Ability to work in a Machine Shop Environment.
· Requires lifting parts, tools, and fixtures weighing up to 35 pounds.
· Requires ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and blueprints.
· Ability to function as part of a team. Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
· Exercises independent judgment in the manufacturing of components.
Education and/or Experience
· High School or Trade School.
· Minimum of 7 years related experience with Numerical Control machines in a Manufacturing/Machine Shop.
Other Skill and Abilities
· Ability to work in a moderately uncomfortable environment; i.e., extreme heat, and noise.
· Ability to train other operators as required.
· Ability to work in an uncomfortable environment; i.e., extreme heat, cold, and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, talk, or hear and reach with hands and arms. May require: repetitive elbow movements, rotating wrist movements, grasping, squeezing and handling objects, tools or controls. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and may be required to crouch, kneel or bend and reach above shoulder height. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of the job the employee works near moving mechanical parts. Exposure to high levels of noise and temperature in the work environment.
A.W. CHESTERTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Shift: 1st Shift
External Company URL: www.chesterton.com
Street: 860 Salem Street