Cabot Corporation Production Supervisor in Haverhill, Massachusetts
Supervises production area ensuring efficiency, quality, and cost effectiveness with the best use of resources and in respect to safety/environment to meet all production requirements. Leading a production team in the manufacturing of Cabot Inkjet Colorants. Manufacturing of these products requires a detail oriented, organized individual to execute the daily production demands. Needs to be self-directed, results oriented and develop a high performing production team.
• Daily execution on manufacturing deliverables with a strong focus on safety and quality.
• Delivers to the production schedule requirements for customers in line with appropriate priorities based on the manufacturing plan.
• Develop, train, and mentor a team of high performing Production Associates. Trains, provides clear instructions, and ensures employees have an in-depth understanding of production processes.
• Recognizes the importance of process consistency and continually works to remove system caused failures using tools such as SPC, failure mode, and effects analysis. Reduces equipment downtime and delays between operations. Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures and drives root cause analysis.
• Effectively works with cross functional teams (Maintenance, Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering) to deliver production targets. Facilitates in the creation and implementation of new products.
• Continually monitors KPI’s and improves manufacturing process with respect to overall performance.
• Completes and maintains all required production reporting and employee performance management records.
• Owns the hiring, performance-based management, coaching and development of employees to assure effective alignment within the team while driving accountability.
• Strong leadership, great interpersonal skills, focus on employee and team development.
• Deep understanding of confined space entry, lockout/tagout, hot work permitting, Accident / Near Miss Investigation / Reporting procedures
• Experience utilizing manufacturing process control to understand Product Uniformity/Variation
• Experience in Chemical Manufacturing, Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement. Strong oral/written English communication skills, organizational skills and proficient in MS office and ERP system.
• BA or technical degree or 2 + years supervisory experience in manufacturing
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2020-9359
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com