Aerotek Material Handler in Holliston, Massachusetts
Fork Truck Driver 1st (2) 7:00a.m - 3:00p.m
Material Handler 1st (1) 7:00a.m - 3:00p.m
Parts Picker 1st (1) 7:00a.m - 3:00p.m
Material Handler 1st (2) 7:00a.m - 3:00p.m
• Check all packages and boxes for proper labeling and job number which are received from assembly, heavy parts and tops departments.
• Verify all piece counts by comparing to bill-of-lading (BOL).
• Verify the number of pieces loaded and initial documentation.
• Ensure that drivers verify and sign for materials loaded.
• Ensure that material is loaded properly and safely.
• Submit completed BOL to the shipping office.
• Check all shipments for damage. Usually if there is damage, sign for it as “damaged” after checking with the buyer. Sometimes return if entire shipment is damaged.
• Verify piece count as indicated on delivery receipt. Submit delivery receipt to Inventory Control department.
• Verify piece counts (# of items in a box), if needed by packing list.
• Stock material on pallets in proper storage area.
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds and over 35 lbs. with apparatus assistance.
• Push or pull 300 lbs. with the proper equipment.
• Highly repetitive movements (twisting, turning, bending, lifting, walking and standing)
Knowledge and Experience:
• Ability to read, write, perform basis math calculations, and communicate clearly.
• One to two years' manufacturing/production experience required. Product knowledge a plus.
• Flexible to accept changes in work assignments as required to meet customer requirements.
• Versatile and capable of performing various work assignments.
• Certification for fork truck operation by the National Safety Council.
• One-year fork truck experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize own work and coordinate deliveries (JIT).
Must be capable of sitting, standing, and/or walking for extended periods of time. Required to work in a physical environment that is subject to limited temperature extremes (seasonal heat and drafts). Exposure to general manufacturing environment.
1st shift Monday-Friday (7:00a.m - 3:00p.m)
May require overtime during high volume business need.
Storage Production Department
Supply material (on pallets) to department as requested.
Respond to requests in a timely and efficient manner. Treat requestors as customer.
Safety and Housekeeping
Conforms to Health and Safety requirements and company policy.
Adheres to fork truck operation, equipment and tool operation and department guidelines.
Wears required safety apparel such as safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, and back braces.
Uses proper lifting techniques.
Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Participates in corporate programs and initiatives.
Performs responsibility to meet requirements of internal and external customers.
Performs job responsibility with attention to quality and continuous improvement.
Ensure accurate and timely processing of information.
Creates associations with internal customers that meet the high quality interpersonal standards of LISTA.
Regularity of attendance is essential to ensure the integrity of the purchasing function.
forklift, fork lift, material handler, production worker, general labor, assemble, mechanical assembler, mechanic, manufacturing, laborer, machine operator
Top Skills Details:
manufacturing, production, material handler
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Ideal candidates have mechanical assembly experience, using hand tools
Lifting up to 100 lbs for metal drawers
Must be able to read/write in English as some orders have different instructions/requests by client
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs