Eversource Energy Gas Service Technician in Lawrence, Massachusetts
LOCATION: Lawrence, MA
UNION: IBEW 326
POSITION: Service Technician D
DEPARTMENT: Meter Service
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $33.85 per/hour
**Union Represented Position**
Perform duties to install, set, repair and remove gas meters and connections
Make minor adjustments to gas appliances
Turn meters on and off
Check for proper operation of gas equipment
Make necessary connections of gas meters and gas lines
Investigate, locate, repair and classify gas leaks
Respond and diagnose carbon monoxide calls
Respond, diagnose and remedy pressure calls
Adjust service regulators
Detect and report improper operation of faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervision
Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
Maintain necessary records
Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
Performs work consistent with training provided and/or skills attained or held.
Perform other work related to the department as assigned in accordance with Agreement
- Must be able to pass and maintain operator qualifications tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Have the ability and aptitude to perform the above duties independently and in a safe and professional manner
- Have the ability to maintain/keep records satisfactorily
- Be willing and able to accept and satisfactorily complete training courses offered by the Company
- Possess and retain an unrestricted Vehicle Operator’s License
- Be regular in attendance and have a good safety record.
- Must meet residency requirement per collective bargaining agreement.
- Three years of gas utility or equivalent preferred.
Successful applicant must be willing and able to accept shift and emergency assignments and work overtime, work in all types of weather conditions per collective bargaining agreement.
Schedule : Applicant will work shifts as posted
Wage Progression : Eligible for increases to maximum job rate in accordance with the Labor Agreement
Successful candidates must live within a designated response time of their assigned reporting location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs