Eversource Energy Technician, Geographic Information System Field II in Lawrence, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. We’re proud to provide safe, reliable service to 4.3 million electricity, natural gas and water customers. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
An intermediate-level position responsible for GIS data maintenance tasks including scanning, geo-referencing, digitizing, attribution and comprehensive field audit. Works in GIS/CAD Document management and database applications which model utility distribution systems. Requires understanding of functional business processes as they relate to design, construction and operations and working understanding of data attributes that support these business processes. Performs and manages QA/QC processes.
- Updates and maintains land base, distribution facilities in company's Geographic Database and ensure data integrity.
- Interprets and implements data from as-built, job construction sketches, work management and or subdivision plats into standard company symbology utilizing Smallworld, CAD, and Mobile GIS.
- Coordinates with various departments to resolve field changes and /or field-to-map discrepancies.
- Validates topology of land, distribution, parent/child associations, connectivity, snapping, missing features or objects, missing attributes required for the proper functioning of tracing functionality
- Analyzes and interprets spatial data including but not limited to ortho-aerial imagery to ensure data integrity.
- Conducts field audit and Mobile GIS data collection to validate as built distribution configuration
- Performs business software testing and training of GIS applications as needed
- Performs Quality Control and Quality Assurance on all data entered into GIS Database for data integrity.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to less experienced technicians
- Good computer skills and proficiency working in various GIS/CAD software applications such as Smallworld, AutoCad/Microstation and ESRI.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer relations skills.
- Ability to address multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle changing and emerging priorities. Knowledge of utility distribution systems.
- Ability to read and interpret Road/Development site plans, as well as mapping coordinates and symbols.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products and/or iOS.
- Good analytical skills, ability to quantify data, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to organize, plan and work efficiently within a highly technical environment.
Associate Degree in GIS, Surveying, Cartography or related field or equivalent experience
Two plus years of experience in the GIS and CAD fields. Utility distribution experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please attach a resume along with an online application
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs