IQVIA Assoc Business Development Dir in Lexington, Massachusetts
Secure and retain business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at existing and new clinical sponsors.
The Associate Business Development Director works collaboratively with other colleagues to increase sales of IQVIA’s Safety Technology and Services within the life sciences industry. Responsibilities include full cycle sales activities including target identification, prospecting, securing and managing client meetings, understanding client needs, objection management, managing industry experts in manufacturing discussions, defining opportunities, proposing solutions, negotiating, closing out orders and moving opportunities forward. Our Sales Professionals are expected to quickly develop credibility with customers/prospects and build trust through professionalism and knowledge of our safety related products and services.
• Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified customer account(s).
• Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Account and develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization.
• Maintain general knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
• Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
• Identify and respond to customer needs in order to define potential opportunities. Propose appropriate strategy/solution to customer.
• Coordinate with contracts/proposals to develop proposal.
• Work with operations and functional managers to identify sales team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
• Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
• Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands and financial targets.
• Maintain high visibility within customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by communicating regularly with customer.
• Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
• Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer.
• Monitor actions and results against plans.
• Record all customer sales related activities in CRM system.
• Prepare sales activity report for Sales Management as required.
• Serve as a liaison between the customer and technical and operational groups at IQVIA, Inc.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management Req
• 10 years related experience, including 3 years of relevant industry (CRO/Pharmaceutical) and/or sales experience Req Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience Req
• Proven track record at mid-level and high-level contacts
• Strong organizational, planning, project management skills
• A developing record of customer contacts at the outsourcing, procurement and mid - management level
• Excellent Business/Industry awareness and a thorough understanding of industry trends and impact on the business
• Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines
• Ability to influence others internally and externally
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs