Digital Prospectors C Embedded Software Engineer in Lexington, Massachusetts
C Embedded Software Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Recruiter: Peter Roos (https://digitalprospectors.com/our-team/peter-roos)
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: C Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
* Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance is desired.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client is looking for a high-quality, energetic software/ embedded systems engineer, experienced in C, to join our team to turn futuristic R&D ideas into practical solutions to important problems. If you are a person that fits the bill, and you like to work on things that truly matter, apply to this req to learn more.
The successful applicant will play a key support role in creating and transitioning advanced SW/embedded systems technology for ensuring security of mission-critical systems, such as drones, ground robots, and satellites. Our R&D activities in this area focus on implementing foundational technologies, security subsystems, and test-beds for such mission-critical systems, including encryptors for secure communication and storage, and secure processors.
Knowledge and significant experience in (must have requirements):
• Embedded C for FPGA-based soft processors and hard processors
• Extensive experience developing systems in the C programming language, including embedded systems
• Experience developing systems running directly on the processor or microcontroller (i.e., bare metal)
• Experience with hard real-time systems
• Development in the Linux environment and using the GNU toolchain
• Extensive knowledge of data storage protocols (i.e. SATA, NVMe, SCSI, USB) and storage architectures.
Experience with any of the following is a strong plus (nice to have):
• Experience with C++ and Python
• Experience with implementation of cryptographic algorithms and security-oriented subsystems
• Knowledge of secure system development or interest and willingness to learn
• Requirements analysis, trade-space analysis, and system engineering
• Hardware and software testing
• Government requirements, documentation, and accreditation of DoD systems.
• Ideal candidates would have an active clearance and have industry experience developing COMSEC systems; this experience is not required but would be highly valued.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “ Best Staffing Firm to Temp For ” by Staffing Industry Analysts, " Best of Staffing " for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, " Top Temporary Placement Firm " by Boston Business Journal, " Best Company To Work For " by Business NH magazine, " Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing ” by TechServe Alliance, " Top IT Services Company " by Inc. Magazine, " Most Reliable Staffing Agency " in Forbes Magazine and " Top Ranked Staffing Firm " by Staffing Industry Analysts.
- Digital Prospectors Jobs