MIT Lincoln Laboratory CO-OP Student Web Application Developer in Lexington, Massachusetts
The ISD Technology, Innovation, and Integration (TII) Sector provides web application and collaboration solutions in support of the Laboratory’s technical mission and its day-to-day operations. These solutions include intranet and collaboration tools, document management systems (such as L.I.S.A.), and web application development. TII supports the external website, Atlassian tools (Confluence and Jira), eForms, and enterprise search. The sector also enables others to create Drupal websites, designs user experiences, and develops websites both internally and externally, for conferences. Additionally, TII integrates new technology capabilities, enabling Laboratory personnel to be more effective and efficient.
The Web Application Developer will assist the application development team in the design and development of the social applications and provide help with the content management system.
· Assist other developers on the team in the design and development of the social applications.
· Assist in the establishment of and follow design standards, design patterns and best practices.
· Help team with the changes or updates related to the web content management system.
· Helps others in the group in the resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions.
· Create documentation for all levels of software development life cycle.
· Meets expected standards such as accuracy, thoroughness and correctness in all assigned work. Desired Skills:
· Java development experience
· Experience with databases(Oracle, MySql etc.)
· Understanding of the MVC frameworks
· Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies
· Working knowledge of software development tools (Eclipse)
· Some experience with UNIX/Linux, shell scripting or Perl Education/Experience:
· Working on getting Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: [[id]]