Thermo Fisher Scientific Electrical Engineer - Facilities in Lexington, Massachusetts
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Cambridge, MA / Pharmaceutical Services Group (PSG) in the Viral Vector Services (VVS) Business Unit
How will you make an impact?
You will become an engineering resource to the Operations team to ensure building electrical systems are designed and operating to meet the requirements for gene-therapy (viral vector) manufacturing throughout all VVS sites (Cambridge, MA / Lexington, MA / Plainville, MA / Alachua, FL) as part of our Global Engineering Team. Through your sophisticated and diversified knowledge of engineering principles, you will champion sustainability strategies in the planning, organization, execution and coordination of new construction energy projects. You will be immersed in a collaborative culture with the resources that enable our customers to deliver breakthrough medicines to patients by unleashing the potential of cell and gene therapy. This position reports to the Director of Global Facilities.
What will you do?
• Conduct facility infrastructure assessments, infrastructure/utility master planning, and perform code and energy evaluations
• Perform field surveys
• Handle a variety of engineering projects from conception through successful operation
• Manage project scope and budgets
• Perform electrical system calculations including load analysis, short circuit calculations, protective device coordination studies, and arc flash studies using computer-based programs
• Write equipment specifications based on company standards and as coordinated with client and equipment vendor requirements
• Review equipment submittals and shop drawings; prepare responses to contractor RFIs; and craft punch lists based on field observation
How will you get here?
BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of proven experience in electrical design and engineering focused on building systems
• Proficient in National Electrical Code
• Experience with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Revit
• Skilled in Medium Voltage and Low Voltage power distribution equipment including specification of electrical equipment, troubleshooting, programming /adjusting of medium voltage relays, distribution level transformers, switchgear, and circuit breakers
• Experience with Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Science, and Laboratory industries (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to assist with business case development by nurturing relationships with operations and senior leadership
• Ability to write and present high-level technical strategies that address current and future business needs
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple business functions (engineering, finance, legal, human resources, and manufacturing operations)
• Working knowledge of OSHA and UBC codes and HAZMAT safety protocols
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel up to 35%
Relocation assistance may be provided to those that qualify.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs