P3I, Incorporated Software Developer (0002435) in Lexington, Massachusetts
Software Developer (0002435)
Background: The Embedded and Open Systems Group (102) prototypes processor solutions for a portfolio of DoD defense sensor applications and testbeds. These prototype efforts include the integration and configuration of processor hardware, as well as significant sensor control and signal processing software development. Group 102 exercises the entire prototyping development lifecycle, including hardware/software design, development, test, and integration.
Group 102 is in need of software development support to contribute towards the development of radar and multi-sensor processing solutions. Under the guidance of Laboratory staff, the candidate will perform the design, coding, testing, and integration of radar and multi-sensor processing software.
Assignment: The core job functions will be:
- Design, code, test, and integrate application-level software for prototype radar / multi-sensor processors.
- Design, code, test, and integrate system-level software to perform radar / multi-sensor resource management, processor scheduling, and other sensor processing utility functions.
- Develop, code, test, and integrate hardware interface software (including sensor front-end interfaces) to perform command and control, and I/Q data acquisition.
- Benchmark and document performance results of software.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate will have a MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience.
- Candidate will have a very strong recent experience in object oriented design.
- Candidate will have a very strong recent experience in C++ - knowledge of latest language features.
- Candidate will have a very strong recent experience in multi-process / multi-threaded application design / development.
- Candidate will have experience with commercial middleware libraries.
- Candidate will have knowledge of the following communication: MPI, DDS, and/or ZeroMQ.
- Candidate will have knowledge of the following computation: MKL/IPP, FFTW, and/or Boost.
- Candidate will have experience with C++ standard template library.
- Candidate will have demonstrated ability to document software design.
- Candidate will have strong software testing experience.
- Candidate will have software benchmarking and performance tuning experience.
- Candidate will have strong problem solving skills.
- Candidate will have strong experience with version control, configuration management and integration.
- Candidate will be able to work within a fast moving, small team environment.
Preferred Experience, Skillsand* Qualifications:*
- Candidate should have knowledge of radar and/or sensor systems such as LIDAR, EO/IR, or HIS.
- Candidate should have knowledge of digital signal processing techniques and computational methods.
- Candidate should have experience with modern development tools such as Totalview, Allinea Suite, Jenkins, etc.
- Candidate having a Secret and Top Secret Clearances are preferred in order to maximize impact.
Candidate must be a US citizen.
Occasional travel may be required.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN –All personnel must successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI) before receiving facility access and obtain a DoD Interim clearance or hold a clearance.
Location: Lexington, Massachusetts
Department: 009-MIT LL
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced