Vinfen ACCS Family Connector in Lowell, Massachusetts
The ACCS Family Connector will ensure that each person served has a stable support network of family members, community members and friends as they make strides towards developing the life skills need to successfully live independently. The ACCS Family Connector will work with adults with psychiatric conditions and those who identify as their supports to provide outreach, information, referral and direct support services.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering interventions to Persons Served identified on the Treatment Plan targeted at skills building including but activities of daily living, medication administration, symptom reduction, health and wellbeing, employment, school, socialization and recreation.
As you work towards accomplishing these goals you will also work to involve family/friends into the life and Treatment Plan interventions of each person served when appropriate. This may include fostering a welcoming environment in which families/supporters are respected and valued, orient them to the services their loved one may receive from ACCS and engage their participation in helping the person served to meet their ACCS goals.You will also act as the primary liaison between additional team services and will work to create and maintain the team's Family Advisory Council.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with 2,800 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut. www.vinfen.org/careers
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: ACCSFC, outreach worker, social worker, mental health, psychology, human services
- Bachelor's degree in human services, Master's degree in Human Services, or very experienced direct care staff preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of experience working with adults with psychiatric conditions
- Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport Person Served.
- Preference given to bilingual/bicultural applicants and applicants with lived experience of psychiatric conditions.
- All candidates for this position must be a least 21 years of age and be able to pass a CORI, driving record, reference, educational and professional licensure check as well as a multi-state background check.
- All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
Must meet Family Partner qualifications as follows:
- Experience as a caregiver of a youth (or adult) with special needs; preferably a youth (or adult) with a psychiatric condition.
- Bachelor's degree in human services field from an accredited school & one year experience working with children/adolescents/TAY (or adult); or an Associate's degree in human service field from an accredited school & one year experience working with children/adolescents/TAY(or adult); or high school diploma/GED & two years experience working with children/adolescents/TAY(or adult).
- Experience in navigating any of the child (or adult) family-serving systems and teaching family members who are involved with child (or adult) family-serving systems.
Mon 8 AM - 4 PM
Tue 8 AM- 4 PM
Wed 12 PM - 8 PM
Thu 8 AM- 4 PM
Fri 8 AM- 4 PM
POSITION TYPE: Full time - Regular
Pay Rate: $40,800 / year