Kronos Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Software & Product Development
The responsibilities of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer include maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting all UKG Cloud and Hosted environments through timely incident and request response, acknowledgement, triage, and escalation. Functionally, the duties of a Hosted Systems Engineer include Windows administration, technical troubleshooting, major incident communication and staging and deployment of releases. The ideal candidate will have experience with system administration on large virtualized platforms, supporting IT service management (ITIL), providing 24x7 production technical support and delivering extraordinary customer service. This position will collaborate within the organization to design, develop, and deploy efficient solutions for the UKG’s Cloud & Hosted environment. This role will track performance and ensure stability to meet service level agreements.
Responsibilities Regular Tasks (but not limited to):
• Manage Operations Level 2 Support Queue for entire shift
• Execute Level 2 triage as per knowledge base articles and standard operating procedures
• Escalate the issues to Lead engineers or other functional groups as required
• Close tickets with proper documentation and work logs with customer acceptance
• Create knowledge base articles to document solutions to technical challenges
• Send communication to executive stakeholders and customers
• Propose and/or execute change requests after identifying issue from Root Cause Analysis
• Review and deploy assigned change requests
• Manage tickets within service level agreement by escalating tickets in a timely fashion that are out of scope or capacity
• Lead shift handover call
• Manage SFTP requests and troubleshoot SFTP issues
• Complete review of new customer environment builds
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience
• 2 years of experience within a Services Hosting, SaaS, or Cloud environment is required
• Experience with business to business VPN setup and support, Citrix administration and SFTP administration strongly desired
• Intermediate knowledge of Windows administration, networking concepts/protocols, client server architecture, Linux administration, virtualization concepts
• Demonstrated clear and professional written and verbal communication skills (including experience creating process and procedural documentation)
• Basic knowledge of Service Organization Controls (SOC) and ITIL Service Management
• Solid understanding of Cloud – Cloud Characteristics, Service models and Deployment models
• Experience with Infrastructure (Network, Servers, Storage, Backups) including problem solving and troubleshooting
• Ability to identify and analyze Infrastructure, network and operational issues and then assist with corrective / preventative action plans
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable in global working environment…team player a must
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos, a UKG Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Kronos, a UKG Company participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.800.
- Kronos Jobs