UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Director of Developer Platform Engineering in Lowell, Massachusetts
Director of Developer Platform Engineering
Travel Amount Required:
Up to 25%
Alpharetta - Georgia - United States, Atlanta - Georgia - United States, Lowell - Massachusetts - United States, Weston - Florida - United States
Here at UKG, our purpose is people™. Our HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions help organizations unlock happier outcomes for all. And our U Krewers, who build those solutions and support our business, are talented, collaborative, and innovative problem-solvers. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people – both at work and at home. Our benefits show that we care about the whole you, from adoption and surrogacy assistance to tuition reimbursement and wellness programs. Our employee resource groups provide a welcoming place to land, learn, and connect with those who share your passions and interests. What are you waiting for? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers #WeAreUKG
Description & Qualifications
As Director, Developer Platform Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction, development, and management of our developer platform engineering teams. You will drive the evolution and enhancement of our platform, ensuring its usability, reliability, and scalability. This role is crucial to the successful delivery of UKG’s products and services with the potentially to positive impact the experience of every engineer within the organization. The ideal candidate will have proven record of platform engineering success, experience working in public cloud, and a deep technical understanding of the platform engineering tooling and practices.
• Platform Strategy: Contribute to the develop, communication execution of a long-term developer platform engineering strategy in alignment with the company's overall goals and objectives.
• Platform Development: Oversee the design, development and maintenance of our developer platform, ensuring its usability, reliability and scalability.
• Team Leadership: Build, lead, and mentor high-performing developer platform engineering teams with a strong focus on continuous improvement, innovation, and excellence. Ensure team members and managers have the necessary resources and support to excel in their roles.
• Collaboration: Work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including product management, security, and cloud operations, to define, plan, prioritize and execute upon a cohesive developer platform roadmap.
• Technology Trends: Stay abreast of emerging technologies and best-practices in developer platform engineering, evaluating their potential for adoption to enhance our platform.
• Empathy and Customer Management: Maintain engagement with the developer community to understand their feedback, demonstrate empathy and measure their success.
• Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership to the team, drawing on practical experience with CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), and Configuration as Code (CaC).
• Skill Building and Enablement: Enhance skill acquisition and enablement across the organization with immersive, collaborative, outcome-driven engagements with cross-functional teams.
• Proven experience in platform engineering, with at least 5 years in leadership roles.
• Extensive software engineering development and design experience with complex and highly scalable products using multiple technologies, platforms, and languages.
• Working experience with CI/CD pipeline and tooling (e.g., GitHub, Terraform, Ansible and DataDog)
• Strong background in infrastructure and public cloud, ideally GCP.
• Familiarity with DevSecOps principles and practices.
• In-depth knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
• Excellent project management and organizational skills.
• Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
• Experience with agile development methodologies.
• Experience working in a globally distributed environment.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO Know Your Rights poster (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com.
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
- UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Jobs