General Electric Value Stream Team Design Lead Engineer - Cost Execution in Lynn, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary
The Value Stream Team Design Engineer - Cost Execution is responsible for execution of engineering cost reduction projects across Edison Works core products in support of the MSO HK cost initiative. As such, your activities will contribute to the redesign for cost of products, solutions and systems across the CT7, T700, T408, F404, F414, and F110 product lines.
In this role, you will identify/integrate/develop existing and new processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within your functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business initiative.
This may include activities which drive technical improvement of existing products and components. Your role impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Value Stream Team and as such you will have significant input into team priorities. Your role has moderate autonomy, requiring operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
• Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and issues
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (or high school diploma/GED with 6 years' experience in design engineering).
• Minimum 3 years of experience in an engineering role
• Demonstrates basic domain expertise in technical knowledge
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence others and lead small teams
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- General Electric Jobs