State of Massachusetts Deeper Learning Implementation Manager in Malden, Massachusetts
Deeper Learning Implementation Manager
The Kaleidoscope Collective for Learning (KCL) at the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) is a collaborative of schools and districts that lead all students to mastery of state standards through strategically cultivating learning experiences that drive deeper learning. Currently 21 schools are part of the inaugural cohort, a year-long fellowship for schools designed to unpack the principles of deeper learning and pilot the implementation of deeper learning tasks within their schools. Cohort 2 will launch in June 2021. The Deeper Learning Implementation Manager will design and implement cohort-based and state-wide professional learning sessions, as well as provide coaching to school leaders and teachers on best practices for creating deeper learning environments in their schools.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design and lead high quality professional learning sessions for schools, including development of state-wide trainings and 6 annual multi-day Convenings for Kaleidoscope Schools.
• Provide on-site coaching and technical assistance to a caseload of building principals and principal managers within the Kaleidoscope Collective. Ensure strong and culturally responsive partnership with targeted schools and district to inform Kaleidoscope efforts.
• Contribute to the development of the Deeper Learning Instructional Vision, through design of tools and rubrics that outline steps for designing effective deeper learning tasks, related skills for effective facilitation of these tasks, and methods for ensuring all students achieve grade level learning targets. Ensure that the Deeper Learning instructional vision centers the core values of equity and racial equity, promoting culturally responsive pedagogy and analysis of curriculum for forms of bias.
• Lead the development of a user-friendly resource-bank for schools to implement Deeper Learning that includes:
◦ Exemplar Deeper Learning Tasks
◦ Resources (instructional tools, video library, coaching tools) for implementing these tasks effectively
• Collaborate with the Kaleidoscope team to execute on a vision of adult learning within the Kaleidoscope Collective that aligns with the principles of Deeper Learning and centers a commitment to equity and racial equity.
• Assist with the application and selection process for upcoming Kaleidoscope Cohorts.
• Assist with the collection and analysis of school-based data, to inform program evaluation and ongoing program development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following required qualifications:
• Demonstrated effective coaching skills that produce outcomes, promotes professional growth and supports retention of high-performing staff.
• Demonstrated effective leadership skills that support alignment to team goals and decisions. Adapt to changing needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
• Knowledge of and experience with culturally responsive leadership.
• Superior project management skills, managing multiple, shifting priorities in a high-demand, fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively and collegially with individuals and teams.
• Commitment to efforts devoted to closing the achievement gap and to addressing racial inequities in education.
• Knowledge and expertise with racial equity, combating implicit bias, cultural competency and navigating issues and leading conversations related to race and culture in educational systems and public forums.
• Ability to learn and build on the varying cultural and community norms of students, families, school districts and other community members through awareness of one's own cultural identity and views about difference
• Ability to develop and deliver high quality presentations.
• Ability to manage multiple programs and tasks and to work independently and collaboratively in a complex work environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking ability. • Strong ability to comprehend, analyze, and communicate complex information quickly.
• Commitment to setting and attaining ambitious goals.
• Experience working with a range of diverse stakeholders and tailoring approaches and communication to successfully meet project goals and timelines.
• Experience as an educator and school leader in K-12 public schools
• Experience supporting schools and teachers with transition to standards-aligned curriculum
• Knowledge of current state and national research on improving strategic initiatives, standards, programs, and assessments for college and career readiness.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proficiency/fluency in a language in addition to English (especially Spanish) preferred.
**Questions regarding this posting or the application process should be referred to Maureen O’Brien atMaureen.T.O’Brien@mass.gov.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have at least (A) five (5) years of full-time or, equivalent part-time, professional, administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, public management, clinical administration or clinical management of which (B) at least one (1) year must have been in a project management, supervisory or managerial capacity or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
I. A certificate in a relevant or related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required (A) experience.
II. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of the required (A) experience.
III. A Graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for three (3) years of the required (A) experience.
IV. A Doctorate degree in a related field may be substituted for four (4) years of the required (A) experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Organization: *Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Title: Deeper Learning Implementation Manager
Location: Massachusetts-Malden - 75 Pleasant Street
Requisition ID: 210000AH