Triangle Inc. Job Coach in Malden, Massachusetts
Position: Job Coach Workforce Development
Reports to: Program Coordinator Workforce Development
Hours: Part-Time up to 20 hours Weekly (Flexible) Location: Malden and Randolph
Triangle’s Expectation of Employee:
· Adheres to Triangle Policy and Procedures
· Acts as a role model within and outside Triangle Performs duties as workload necessitates
· Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
· Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
· Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
· Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
· Meets Department productivity standards
· Developing and implementing effective coaching strategies to help clients overcome employment-related challenges.
· Identifying clients' strengths and advising them on how to use those strengths to secure employment or excel in their chosen career path.
· Providing information on suitable career paths based on clients' skills, qualifications, interests, and experience.
· Conducting tests/assessments to assess clients' skills and abilities and providing feedback on test results.
· Reviewing clients' resumes and suggesting improvements as needed.
· Maintaining accurate records of clients' progress.
· Completing all required paperwork on time with accuracy
· Liaising with employers to identify possible job opportunities for clients with disabilities.
· Teaching clients with disabilities how to use job-related tools, instruments, and equipment correctly.
· High school diploma or equivalent: degree in related field preferred; May substitute prior experience/credentials.
· Proven experience working as a Job Coach.
· Sound knowledge of different jobs and career paths.
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
· Effective communication skills.
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred
· Be able to interact effectively and courteous with employers
· Be able to explicitly follow oral and written instructions.
· Experience in serving and/or working with individual with disabilities (preferred).
· Must be able to travel.
· Must have reliable transportation.
Ability to verbally communicate, read, write, interpret, and write documents.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Sign Off:
The employee is expected to adhere to all Triangle policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to Triangle policies. I have read and understand this explanation and job description.