Mystic Valley Regional Charter School K-8 Physical Education teacher 2023-2024 in Malden, Massachusetts
Mystic Valley Regional Charter School in Malden, MA., was founded in 1998. The School serves over 1,600 students in Kindergarten through grade 8.
Great teachers, carefully-selected curricula presented with fidelity, high expectations, and traditional pedagogy are the keys to student success at Mystic Valley. Mystic Valley annually finds itself among the top public schools not only within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts but in New England and throughout the nation. Our students have attained the highest levels of success at the post-secondary level, a testament to the preparation they received from their time at Mystic Valley. Mystic Valley students in grades K-12 report to school in dress code and are in attendance for 200 days of instruction. The normal school day is 60 minutes longer than most traditional public schools. Together, these factors have enabled MVRCS to deliver on its promise of providing all of its students with the opportunity to obtain a world-class education
Distinguishing Feature of Work:
The Physical Education teacher provides service to students, consults with other professionals, consults and discusses issues with parents, plans, delivers, and evaluates instructional outcomes, conducts the research needed to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Maintain daily classroom design and schedule.
· Effectively implement the designated curricula (DI, CK).
· Document student progress daily/weekly.
· Effectively implement the Core Knowledge lesson plans and sequence.
· Participate in all professional development training.
· Attend and participate in weekly grade level team meetings, weekly/bi-weekly Teacher Assistance Team (TAT) meetings, and bi-monthly staff meetings.
· Participate in IEP meetings, when necessary.
· Complete (if designated) peer practice sessions for half an hour each week.
· Report concerns regarding curriculum of Special Education to the Lead Teacher.
· Complete four progress reports and four report cards for all students in the homeroom/specialty classes as well as grades for any students in academic groups for each school year.
· Attend and conduct 4 parent-teacher conferences each school year (2-spring and 2-fall).
· Attend “Back to School Night” and open houses.
· Attend Holiday Performance and High School Senior Luncheon.
· Participate in assigned morning, lunch/recess, and afternoon duties.
· Support, Enforce, and Adhere to all school policies and procedures.
· Perform all duties designated by schedule assigned by the Lead Teacher.
· Perform additional duties stated by the School Director, Asst. School Director, Business Manager, and Professional Development Coordinator.
· Implement and adhere to School Policies and rules.
· Bachelor's degree.
· Experience in physical education or youth related organized activity experience.
· Must pass MTEL’s within a year of teaching.
COVID 19 Vaccines are not required
Powered by JazzHR