Apex Entertainment Facilities Maintenance Manager in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Apex Entertainment, Marlborough Ma is currently looking for a Facility Maintenance Manager to join our team and help us provide exceptional service to our guests. In this role, you will be in charge of the maintenance of buildings, grounds, and amusement attractions to present a like-new appearance consistently prior to opening for business. This will involve the maintenance of the operating conditions consistent with efficient and safe industry practices and government regulations.
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternative plan.
• Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
• Corrective maintenance to minimize operational equipment and facility downtime.
• Scheduled preventative maintenance to present a like-new appearance to facilities and environment.
• Training, scheduling, and disciplining maintenance personnel and technicians.
• Purchase maintenance and condition of parts inventory and maintenance equipment.
• Budgeting and cost control of Maintenance Department operations.
• Carry out all other responsibilities as designated by the General Manager.
• Manages attraction inspection logs to ensure they are compliant with State regulations.
• Hold all state required certifications and licenses.
• Demonstrate the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and make necessary repairs.
• Any additional tasks assigned by management.
• Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing styles to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
• Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sounds and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Able to instruct and train employees to achieve operational objectives.
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills to ensure a quick response to guest needs.
• Effective problem solving skills to detect changes in circumstances or events.
• Professional and courteous demeanor.
• Positive team and motivational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral format.
• Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the organization to employees, guests and vendors.
• High School Diploma required or GED equivalent.
• Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Facility Management Degree desirable.
• 2-3 years experience working in a supervisory role in facilities maintenance.
• Amusement industry maintenance experience a plus.
• Proven maintenance supervisory and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient with all MS Office Applications.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
• Must have a driver’s license or reliable transportation.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
• Minimum age of 18 years old.
• Must be able to pass a CORI check.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Certified Maintenance Mechanic License – Issued by Massachusetts Department of Public Safety a plus
External Company URL: www.apexentertainment.com
Street: 21 Apex Drive