Oracle Senior Presales Consultant- Grants in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Financials Solution Engineer (Pre-Sales) - Grants
Oracle’s Best-in-Class Enterprise ERP Solutions provide end-to-end Cloud solutions with social and mobile optimization for world-class organizations. Oracle Financials is an enterprise resource planning suite delivered via a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. Institutions use Oracle ERP Cloud to automate and manage day-to-day activities such as accounting, procurement, project management, risk management and compliance, supply chain, and grant management transactions. The suite ties together a multitude of business processes and enables the flow of data between them, automating repetitive and manual tasks, and enabling more powerful insights and analytics across financials, projects, risk management, and other business processes.
Oracle is known for the most progressive sales model in the industry, and a track record for developing the very best, investing generously in employee benefits, development, training, and resources.
Attention University administrator Professionals, tired of sitting at a desk every day looking at numbers? How would you like to apply your knowledge of grants management including pre-award and post-award in a completely different way? We would love to talk to you about a dynamic, flexible position where you can use your knowledge to demonstrate how software can optimize and advance the value of people who have jobs as you do now.
We are seeking highly motivated candidates to join Oracle’s Higher Education Regional pre-sales team, focusing on cloud and on-premise application solution sales to Higher Education prospects and customers.
As a Senior Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for formulating and leading presales functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Solution Engineers. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Actively maintain an in-depth of product knowledge in their designated product areas, including:
All solutions enabled by the products
Portfolio of case studies of implementations
Links to development teams and information on future product development
Cover all aspects of pre-sales activities required to generate license sales.
Able to respond to RFP's, conduct discovery, prepare, and deliver demonstrations to our strategic customer base and prospective clients.
Able to collaborate with all surrounding sales support teams to facilitate our selling cycles.
Ensuring the Presales team and specified groups have up-to-date and relevant product knowledge in the designated product areas
Maintain awareness of all relevant competitive products (e.g. Ellucian, Campus Management, Jenzabar, Workday, Unit 4, SAP and others)
Understand the needs and pains of the customer and then to link them to a set of products/solutions provided by Oracle
Demonstrate leadership abilities and superior presentation skills in a multi-cultural environment.
Contributing to the generation and maintenance of relevant product area-specific Value Propositions
Create and maintain relationships with key product stakeholders like Product Marketing, Development, Strategy, Partners, etc.
Contributes to the achievement of a product/business unit target
Enthusiastic and confident
• Extensive knowledge of Financials regulations and policies
• Understanding of the grant-awarding process in a university, research or government institution
• Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
• Higher Education Industry experience
• High-level understanding of all aspects of Financials: Financials, Procure-to-Pay, Plan-to- Build, Quote-to-Cash, Reporting and Data Quality
• Thorough knowledge of system and application design & In-depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
• Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
• Bachelors from an accredited university with a degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics and an advanced degree highly desirable.
• Minimum of 2 years in a grants management capacity at a university of research institution; experience in pre-sales; or experience implementing financials for the following solutions: Oracle Campus Solutions, Ellucian Banner or Colleague solutions, SAP, Campus Management, Jenzabar, Workday or Unit 4.
• Productive and self-motivated while working virtually.
• Able to work under pressure
• Strong leadership skills and experience leading teams of people toward a common goal
• Strong executive presence and presentation skills
• Travel: 70%
Job: *Pre Sales
Title: Senior Presales Consultant- Grants
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000RBD
- Oracle Jobs