Cardinal Health Director, Advanced Data Platform, Fuse, Specialty in Massachusetts
Director, Advanced Data Platform, Specialty
Fuse @Cardinal Health is looking for a driven Director of Advanced Data Platform who is excited to imagine, define, and build the future of healthcare.
The healthcare space is exploding with the convergence of new technologies, health sector shifts, and a growing demand for truly integrated health information. As more people interact with the world via the web and mobile devices, expectations are higher than ever for real value delivered through thoughtfully crafted experiences. It’s a landscape ripe for inventive product collaboration with design, engineering, and business to build products for the next generation.
The Director of Advanced Data Platform , is responsible developing and executing a comprehensive business intelligence and analytics strategy for the Specialty business unit. The strategy includes creating visibility into business and technology operations to drive insights that will improve products and drive innovation and new product development for the Specialty business. The Director of Data oversees data engineering, analytics, and data science initiatives across several commercial platforms and products. They are responsible for recruiting, developing, and retaining a team that can apply advanced skills (data science, AI, machine learning, etc.) to solve and deliver business objectives.
Leadership & Communication
- Lead and inspire teams that are responsible for sourcing, harmonizing, and analyzing complex healthcare data across the ecosystem. This includes strategy, discovery, delivery, and measurement.
Lead advanced analytics team including laying out strategic vision for the team, recruiting, mentoring, and developing people, building capabilities in data assets, operational processes, and technology, deepening team expertise in AI and ML.
Reinforce a strong product culture by balancing the needs of product management, design, engineering, and architecture to optimize the PDLC, and learning by experiment.
- Partner with leadership team to achieve organizational buy-in on key cross-product efforts.
- Identify and remove process and organizational bottlenecks.
- Manage an organizational budget.
Define and execute the operating model to drive quality and performance, as well as customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
Influence others and navigate sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships.
- Interact with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management .
- Develop and execute strategies to deliver successful analytics to market where new inventions can benefit from entrepreneurship.
- Define patterns and processes to develop production-grade model deployment while thinking strategically.
- Leverage design thinking to derive empathy and insights that improve adoption of new products.
- Work with partners, customers, and internal stakeholders to execute the build-measure-learn lean startup loop to incrementally improve products from idea to the product-market fit and scaling stages.
- Balance investments among competing priorities by evaluating evidence of potential market success, business model strength, and talent.
- Coordinate with innovation leaders across Cardinal Health (including executives, design, R&D, business development, strategy, and product management) to define processes and norms for corporate healthcare innovation.
- Identify, evaluate, and coordinate among emerging technologies and technology partners to accelerate product development.
- Choose appropriate analytical techniques and model methods to address business problems.
- Demonstrated thought leadership with data governance, quality, stewardship, ontologies, and taxonomies.
- Leverage industry and market expertise to drive product innovation and capture opportunities.
Develop strategic partnerships and forge strong relationships.
Maintain roadmap alignment with company strategic initiatives.
- Drive and enable teams to establish and radiate progress toward key metrics to measure success—i.e. key performance indicators (KPIs), objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Support discovery activities for analytical teams — e.g., providing tools, clearing blockers, enabling validation with users, and securing funding for related work.
- Drive the involvement of all team members in idea generation.
- Ensuring that we build the right thing that has measures to drive the value of the business.
- Enable continuous and rapid testing & learning to systematically identify and mitigate risks.
- Versatile mix of analytic and technical skills, always focusing on what will improve the data our analytic consumers need.
Ensure that product managers and delivery managers are executing against key business initiatives.
Manage relationships with vendors or other enterprise services needed to operate and deliver for your area of focus.
Provide engineering leadership to ensure security, privacy, and integrity of customer and user data.
Foster a culture of continuous improvement and root cause problem solving to identify and drive improvements in process and operations.
- Ensure Agile discipline around releasing “thin slices” based on rigorous prioritization as understood through discovery.
- Direct the collection and ongoing management of a portfolio of performance metrics to communicate product, platform and ecosystem health.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making, by working with stakeholders and product teams to refine strategy based on performance metrics.
- Bachelors and Advanced Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 12+ years experience in related field preferred.
- Significant experience with quantitative healthcare analytics strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large team performance, career and professional development.
Demonstrated ability to understand business processes and support product analytics.
Strong skills in stakeholder management and internal evangelism of product principles.
- Track record of identifying, recruiting, and retaining talent.
Demonstrated knowledge of agile analytics development techniques and fluency in data languages, APIs, hardware/software platforms, and conceptual knowledge of architecture standards.
Demonstrated problem solving ability that drives operational excellence.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs