Actalent Bioinformatics Engineer in Medford, Massachusetts
We have an incredible opportunity to join our bioinformatics team! We are looking to hire qualified individuals to our team immediately and are looking forward to reviewing your application. We are looking to hire immediately!
• Develop, deploy and optimize bioinformatics software used in routine workflows
• Review and refactor legacy bioinformatics code (in Python, R, and shell scripting language) according to best software practices.
• Test and deploy cloud-based database management and MLOps technology, platforms, and pipeline such as Azure, Jupyter Notebooks, Git SQL, and bash shell scripts.
• Test and deploy a variety of bioinformatics pipelines into a production environment. (e.g. Next Flow, Docker, GitHub, MLFlow, and DVC). Contribute to software engineering/QA aspects.
• Potentially contribute to creation of automation pipelines for the entire MLOps lifecycle from data prep, training, deployment, and monitoring.
• Select, evaluate, and integrate industry leading tools and frameworks.
• Develop efficient, maintainable, and documented code production software from scientific prototype code using software development best practices.
• Communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical collaborators. Identify core challenges in complex situations, explain trade-offs, and incorporate feedback to make decisions using code reviews, docs, wikis, meetings etc. as needed.
• Refine and improve end-to-end software and machine learning workflows using industry best practices.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field, with >=5 years of experience in software development, or Master of Science in Computer Science, with >=2 years of experience in software bioinformatics or a combination of related fields, with substantial experience and record of accomplishments in applied software development within the life sciences industry or medical research center setting.
• Exceptional coding skills in Python, R/R-shiny, bash and other applicable programing languages in the context of bioinformatics applications.
• Knowledge and proficiency in designing, deployment, query authoring, and management of local and cloud-based SQL and other relational databases.
• Experience with developing in cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP) using Docker, Next Flow, Data Robot, or other containerization and life-cycle deployment packages.
• Experience with developing, integrating, deploying, and testing production software (preferably bioinformatics, machine learning, and data visualization software).
• Knowledge and experience of good software engineering practices (e.g. CI/CD, source control, testing, instrumentation/logging, security, data privacy, etc.)
• Passionate about rigorous engineering practices and discipline: code reviews, automated testing, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must maintain a HIGH level of ownership and see assignments through to completion based on agreed upon deadlines.
• Must be independently driven, results-oriented and a quick learner
• Must possess attention to detail, learning agility, scientific curiosity with a problem-solving mindset, and an enthusiastic, collaborative professional outlook.
• Proven experience with the Azure ecosystem (Azure Data Factory), and with ELT/ETL principles. Experience with Snowflake and Tableau is a plus
• Prior experience using and developing bioinformatics, machine learning, a
Please reach out and apply if interested! We are looking to hire ASAP.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs