Aerotek Senior Project Manager: Partial Remote Opportunity! in Middleboro, Massachusetts
SCOPE OF ROLE:
As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead cross functional and matrixed project teams ranging from 5 to 20 people in the development of high-performance fluidic components and sub-assemblies.
This key role requires a collaborative individual with strong organization and communication skills. The right individual will have a demonstrated track record of driving cross-functional teams to achieve successful and predictable product releases.
• Establishing and tracking project timelines and budgets based on IH&S product development process Phase Gate definitions
• Planning and coordinating cross-functional team interactions to ensure critical path tasks are proactively managed to minimize conflicts in resource availability
• Main interface for customer project communications related to customer-specific development efforts
• Maintaining resource and capacity planning models for the project teams
• Lead multiple project development efforts and teams concurrently
• Act as a subject matter expert and mentor for other members of the team that are managing other projects
• Participate in New Project Proposal evaluations: estimating budget (time and material) for business case and potential non-recurring expenses (NRE)
• Leading creation, management and evolution of product requirements for projects
• Lead the project teams in assessing and maintaining risk analysis with well-developed and documented mitigation plans
• Lead the project teams in assessing and capturing lessons learned throughout the life of a project
• Organize and facilitate project team meetings related to Design Reviews, (DP)FMEA, Design for Excellence (DfX – Design for Manufacture, Design for Cost, Design for Quality)
• Create Gate Review materials in accordance with IH&S template standards and lead Gate Review meetings
• Actively work with the team to drive best practices for successful roll-out of projects and help improve Product Development Process procedures, tools and materials
• Travel 10-20 percent
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree (does not need to be technical)
• PMP certification: Does not need to be active
• Willing and able to work effectively with remote teams across multiple business units and time zones
• Strong business acumen with advanced communication skills. Candidate must be able to prepare content and present to senior level executives.
• Organizational & influential skills with experience in successfully delivering results through cross-functional teams (initiating project, communicating the timeline/deliverables, managing schedules, mitigating risks and driving internal commitments).
• Superior written and verbal communication skills – able to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Fluent with documentation tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and project management software (Workfront a plus)
• Familiarity with high mix, low to mid volume production environment
• Ideal candidate will have Life Science/Biotechnology background and have worked for international organizations.
• Excellent customer relationship skills and proven results with increasing sales, including high level negotiations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Proactive. Candidate must possess a strong sense of ownership and drive to success utilizing available resources. Must be comfortable working under pressure.
• Ability to motivate and drive others to deliver results
• Well organized. Candidate must have ability to address tactical issues in the short-term while maintaining long-term project plan
• Honesty & Integrity. Candidate must be honest and possess integrity when dealing with both external customers and internal co-workers.
• Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural, global business environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with virtual teams and processes.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs