Tenet Healthcare Operating Room Systems Analyst. 40hrs. Days. in Natick, Massachusetts
Operating Room Systems Analyst. 40hrs. Days. - 2105021394
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The OR Systems Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and auditing of the IMMS/Surginet/Cerner interface of Perioperative programs. The OR Systems Analyst meets personal accountabilities as defined in the Tenet Standards of Conduct, as well as Service, People, Quality, Growth, and Cost. The OR Systems Analyst assists in training Perioperative staff in electronic processes, to include intraoperative documentation, ordering Labs, charging, preference card editing and updates. Further ensures clinical documentation is finalized, charges verified, change requests submitted and communicated to appropriate Cerner personnel for follow through. This role is driven by accurate inventory on the IMMS, PBAR and Cerner side, along with accurate and up-to-date Preference Cards to help ensure system efficiency. The OR Systems Analyst reports to Director of Perioperative Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages and audits IMMS/Surginet/Cerner interface of Perioperative programs, monitors maintenance of operating room statistics, Utilizes the Quality Improvement process to improve patient outcomes.
• Builds and maintains items in SurgiNet to include: Equipment, instruments; medications and Charge Only Items
• Maintains items that are built in Cerner by crossing the Item Master Interface (IMMS > Cerner)
• Adds items to the Cerner Inventory Updates procedures in Procedure Manager: Add/Remove/Update Procedures
• Maintains Preference Cards; Pick Lists and Segments RN Documentation: Information from Scheduling; Procedure Information; Preference Cards
• Helps to maintain Periop Tracking Updates and Board Updates
• Maintains Charge File to include: Charge Review, Charge Viewer, PBAR, Inventory File (IMMS, Reorder)
• Ensures surgery items are appropriately coded for proper billing and inventory reduction in close collaboration with Materials Management and utilization of the IMMS interface Import
• Collaborates with Purchasing and Materials Management department to maintain accurate, current supply inventory and ensures supply inventory is in sync with Cerner/SurgiNet inventory
• Compares invoices to patient implant log to ensure accuracy of clinical documentation and log. Facilitates correct charging for implanted/invoiced items- Follows up with Material Management on invoices and questions discrepancies as needed
• Runs Reports identified by the Department and Tenet
• Oversees Chargemaster; Reviews and upgrades on a regular basis. Participates in writing, reviewing and revising policies and procedures related to perioperative business activities
• Works with CI director, department managers, clinicians and perioperative staff to facilitate problem-solving and ongoing communication through the hospital Clinical Process Improvement Committee (CPIC)
• Manages, maintains & monitors all surgery information systems. Monitors flow of information across all interfaces to the surgery system (i.e. IMMS & PBAR)
• Monitors and analyzes data and information to measure utilization, growth, productivity and profitability. Monitors surgery billing volume and amounts. Ensures data integrity through interaction with financial and outcomes systems and auditing verification and assists in investigating and responding to billing audits (i.e. A8’s)
• Identifies opportunities to increase revenue through correct coding, documentation and compliance
• Follows up with the IS department on computer hardware related issues
• Reviews nursing documentation for errors. Any errors found are brought to the attention of the appropriate staff member for correction
• Attends monthly chart audit meeting. Pulls requested charts for review
• Participates in hospital and department meetings as requested. Attends regular recurring Surgical Advisory Team Meetings
• Functions as System Administrator/Project Manager, accountable for organizing and completing the validation of changes to the surgery module, including integrated testing, training, functional support, auditing modifications/implementations and documentation
• Develops and maintains an open and fluid line of communication with ACI resources
• Ensures preference cards are accurate, up-to-date and routinely maintained by service line leaders or designated staff members
• Serves as a department trainer and super user and makes the Perioperative Leadership aware of training/competency/compliance needs
• Provides ongoing education and training for clinical and business staff and provides SurgiNet training for all new hires in the PeriOp areas
• Educates, assists and supports the clinical leadership team in budget preparation, monitoring, management and control
• Promotes positive co-worker relationships through team work and cooperation; understands and supports the needs of others, promotes conflict resolution; shares information, work knowledge, and experience with co-workers and physicians.
• Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests, demonstrates hospital telephone etiquette by answering the phone promptly and courteously, maintains high productivity and performs effectively regardless whether the volume is high or low.
• Appropriately prioritizes work activities, responds to difficult situations with self-control and a positive attitude, makes decisions independently and knows when to ask for assistance
• Possess the ability to perform surgery and endoscopy case scheduling, RN documentation, charging, and inventory control reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Preferred Education: B.S.N, Certification in Operating Room Nursing (CNOR)
• Minimum Experience: Two years recent acute care RN perioperative experience. Previous experience in management of electronic Perioperative Services' programs and interfaces. Prior clinical experience with medical lasers.
• Preferred Experience: Two years’ experience in an acute care operating room and/or an outpatient operating room
• Required Licensure: Current Massachusetts RN licensure, in good standing with the MA BRN and B.S.N. Preferred Licensure: CNOR
• Required Certification: BLS; ACLS
• Experience with electronic medical record development, implementation and maintenance
• Competency with Microscoft/Word/Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking skills and interpersonal skills to build effective partnering relationships with physicians, care management team, nursing staff, coding staff and hospital staff. Strong communication, presentation, and teaching skills; must be detail oriented, possess good problem solving skills. Ability to train new hires to the CDI role utilizing the tools provided from the Home Office and vendor.
1. Ability to move throughout the Massachusetts Market based on the needs of the CDI/HIM departments
2. Office environment; moderate standing and walking
3. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds unassisted
Job : Non-Clinical/Administrative
Primary Location : MA-Natick
Other Locations : MA-Framingham
Hospital/Facility : MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: : Full-time
Shift Type: : Days
Req ID: 2105021394