Amazon Global Transportation Manager - Supply Chain Manager III, Amazon Robotics Global Logistics in North Reading, Massachusetts
Are you looking for role where you develop global supply chain solutions at an Amazon scale? Join Amazon Robotics in deploying the latest robotics technology to fulfillment centers across the globe.
The Amazon Robotics Global Logistics team is looking for a Global Transportation Manager to manage ocean and airfreight planning for freight moving from suppliers and manufacturing hubs into Amazon's new and existing fulfillment centers. This role has a vendor management component, with the candidate engaging regularly with 3PL partners and carriers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong data background that enables them to manage multiple stakeholders across different programs, a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about supply chain initiatives and the ability to persuade senior managers to build consensus on goals. Knowledge of international logistics is preferred.
Key job responsibilities
• You will be translating demand forecasts, operational constraints and market conditions into international freight budgets and capacity plans.
• You will negotiate rates for ocean, port dry operations, and airfreight with 3PLs
• You will be accountable for carrier performance and ensure our partners are efficient, effective, and compliant to our operational standards.
• You will develop risk management strategies for seasonal peak volumes, identify at-risk operations and proactively developing/executing contingency protocols to avoid service failures.
• You will provide input on logistics strategy for the purposes of network planning and cost optimization.
• You will retrieve data using Excel, Tableau, SQL or other data visualization tools.
• You will partner with internal Amazon logistics solutions teams for ocean and airfreight.
• You will assess available technology to guide our planning processes.
• Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams.
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits for you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Maternity and Parental Leave Options
Paid Time Off (PTO)
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Boston, MA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Westborough, MA, USA
5+ years of program or project management experience
5+ years of supply chain experience
Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
2+ years of driving process improvements experience
Master's degree, or MBA in business, operations, human resources, adult education, organizational development, instructional design or related field
3+ years of relevant strategic sourcing and category management in indirect categories such as professional services, support or maintenance spend, supply chain, forecasting, manufacturing, sourcing/procurement, or vendor management experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Amazon Jobs