Amazon Sr. TPM, Deployment Readiness in North Reading, Massachusetts
Amazon is building the next generation software, hardware, and processes that will run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well. We are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying robotics, autonomy, supply chain optimization, machine learning, manipulation, image processing, and real-time data processing using distributed systems.
The WW Technology Deployment org is seeking a talented and solutions-oriented Technical Program Manager (TPM) to own the end-to-end deployment solution for one of Amazon’s biggest audacious goals (BAG) for transformation of the fulfilment network. Your work typically focuses on defining the goals of all key stakeholder functions responsible for delivering on the BAG deployment solution. You will work across disciplines to drive prioritization and maintain commitments on program delivery.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
• Demonstrate ownership by acting as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all program needs;
• Lead the development of org-level metrics to ensure the most impactful delivery goals are formulated to meet program goals;
• Coordinate working with each stakeholder team to ensure there is commitment to SMART goals that ladders into the org-level committed goal;
• Establish a cadence and mechanism to review goal statuses and progress towards committed SMART goals;
• Manage escalations or misalignments when there are risks to delivering committed services with high quality; manages tradeoff decisions with key stakeholders;
• Work with stakeholder teams to determine the appropriate escalation, review process, and resolution for delivery blockers;
• Develop clear RACI to drive accountability of each stakeholder contributor;
• Establish a cadence to review the overall performance of the stakeholder teams, the timeline, and progress to overall deliverables;
• Manage any associated Correction of Error (COE) documentation and drive follow-up actions that to solve for root cause with responsible owners.
A day in the life
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Maternity and Parental Leave Options
Paid Time Off (PTO)
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
Experience leading highly technical programs involving infrastructure, complex systems, systems engineering
Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Physics, Operations Research, Finance, or equivalent
5+ years of project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management experience
Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses and reporting to senior leadership
Able to travel throughout North America and Europe up to 50% of the time
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $119,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $231,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
- Amazon Jobs