Aspen Aerogels, Inc. Research Leader in Northborough, Massachusetts
A technical problem solving resource and innovation driver in the organization, this position reports to the Senior Director, R&D. The Research Leader conducts product development, process development, technical contract R&D activities, and participates in intellectual property creation. This position also facilitates new technology integration from research scale to manufacturing scale by working closely with the Development and Engineering teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assure all job activities adhere to company Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
Research and implement aerogel product development programs to meet or exceed target specifications
- Support R&D efforts in the design and development of high performance, sol gel based aerogel products for use in thermal, acoustic and passive fire applications
- Characterize gel and aerogel physical, chemical, and mechanical properties
- Provide leadership within the group to help identify technical opportunities, write internal and external research proposals, and deliver technical documents, including intellectual property disclosures, in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adopt and follow Aspen’s core values of Safety, Quality, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer and Innovation on both a personal and professional level.
Master's Degree (MA) or equivalent in Chemistry, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering, or four to ten years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Doctoral Degree (Ph. D.) preferred, or more than tenyears of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite, Statistical Software (JMP, Minitab, SAS, etc)
Other skills required:
Must have in-depth understanding of a variety of synthetic, mechanistic, analytical, and physical chemical processes related to sol-gel science
Excellent and creative problem solving skills are required.
Demonstrated strong written, oral and interpersonal skills.
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (508) 466-3111 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.