Actalent Research Assistant, Cell Biology in Norton, Massachusetts
Please see below for a Research Assistant opportunity. The candidate is responsible for receiving, inventory, and processing fresh patient samples and nonclinical samples such as whole blood tubes and/or units and leukopaks for generation of cryopreserved cells.
They will be performing PMBC and other cell isolation, plasma fractionations, serum separations, cell thawing, cell counting and generating whole blood aliquots. Also, they will be responsible for maintenance of lab equipment and for maintenance of the lab supplies inventory. In addition to these tasks, this role will assist in shipment & receipt, the retrieval and preservation of biological samples that arrive daily or are stored in the repository.
Reach out email@example.com if you are interested!
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
• Receive inventory and process fresh biological samples:
• Receive and inventory all incoming fresh biological samples into electronic LIMS database per SOP
• Perform cell isolations and/or separate whole blood and body fluids into various components
• Perform cryopreservation of all isolated cells
• Prepare all reagents used in lab
• Performs QC analyses to ensure that results meet specifications with supervision
• Record and update information in Batch Records
• Create and perform first key of data collection sheets
• Perform equipment preventive maintenance
• Perform cell thawing and counting
• Retrieve frozen samples from inventory and ship per SOP
aseptic technique, cell culture, purification, elisa
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree (Biology, Chemistry or Life Sciences) or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must possess basic laboratory skills and be trained in aseptic technique
• Requires good attention to detail, excellent documentation skills and must work well in a group environment
• Must be proficient using Microsoft office
• Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
• Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs