AMETEK, Inc. Human Resources Generalist in Peabody, Massachusetts
Human Resources Generalist
Job ID: 20499
Functional Area: Human Resources
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Massachusetts - Peabody
Division: MMA - Ultra Precision Technology
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, the company seeks to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, and highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
TMC combines state-of-the-art vibration cancellation technology with a commitment to manufacturing. Our products are manufactured in our world-class, 80,000 square foot, manufacturing facility and headquarters in Peabody, Massachusetts on Route 128, “America’s Technology Highway.” To manufacture most of our products we literally start with sheets of steel coming in our loading dock where they are laser cut, bent, welded, drilled, ground, sanded, polished, painted, assembled into final products and shipped to customers on all seven continents.
AMETEK TMC is seeking an highly motivated, and career minded individual to serve as our HR Generalist at our Peabody, MA location supporting daily HR operations including payroll and direct labor hiring. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department. This position will directly report to Director – Human Resources.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Recruiting for exempt and non-exempt positions to include: posting, resume review, interviewing, etc.
• Arrange pre-employment testing, background & references screenings. Evaluation and input of our current vendors. Create offer letters, maintain applicant tracking system, recruiting reports and other staffing administration functions as needed.
• Conduct new employee onboarding, ensuring process is engaging and that processes are followed and accurate.
• Process the weekly and bi-weekly payrolls
• Enter all payroll and employee benefit changes for new hires and current employees using ADP Enterprise Version 5
• Maintain Employee Records to include: Personnel files, Training records, Medical files.
• Administration and processing for FMLA, STD, LTD, and Workers Comp (OSHA) programs
• Administer HR programs including tuition reimbursement, fitness club, Service Award Program etc.
• Ensure compliance with regulations for FMLA, EEO, & Affirmative Action
• Assist BU HR Director as needed with salary surveys, HR reports using Excel and Word, and other HR related matters as required.
• Act as liaison between business unit and Corp.
• Handle benefits administration including open enrollment
• Participate in onsite Safety Committee
• Assist with organization of company sponsored events, meetings, celebrations, etc.
• Maintain positive employee relations
• Maintain compliance with AMETEK policies
• Additional responsibilities as required. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in HR discipline. Master’s is a Plus.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience of hiring direct, indirect labor and resolving complex employee relations issues in Manufacturing industry.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment is a Plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.